Stihl MS 211 oil leak?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jensent

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found a cure for the leaking bar and chain oil experienced on some of the MS 211 saws? Has this been a problem on 170/171, 180/181, or 192/200(RH)?
The leaking oil would be a problem I couldnt live with. Had it on a 360pro.
Tom

All the 211 seem to leak, no fix I know of. The leak comes from the oil line that goes from the tank to the bar mount. My 211 does leak but not much, it really doesn't bother me as long as it doesn't get a lot worse, but I'm sure a new line is pretty cheap.

Last edited:
211 is leaking... My boss circled an area on the gas/oil tank reservoir, but I can not even see hair line fracture. I broke it down took, wiped everything down, and ran it. I have it propped up right now to see if it will start leaking again. If and when it does leak, it looks like it is "leaking" by the reservoir and by the bar mount. Does anyone have a handle on it yet?

I've never heard of the oil leaking on the other Stihl saws like it does on the 211. My Dad has a 192 and 170 and I know they don't.

This is an old thread but I got tired of mine leaking so I tore into it and found the
Oil line leaking where it goes into the tank.I removed the line and didn't see anything wrong with it.I cleaned everything up and 're-installed it with some silicone sealer.We'll see if that fixes it.

Yep,that's it.Mines leaking where the line goes into the tank.I added silicone to the lip of the hose and seated it in the hole.It's very easy to get to after you remove the handle.

You don`t need that connector anymore. The oil hose was changed in 2017 and improved. New hose is 1139 647 4000 with marking "C" on it. (Used from machine no. 506121957) That hose is also usable for the previous version of the chainsaws (MS 171, 181, 211)

Back