Stihl ms 250 C chain saw ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
after not buying anything, I been good until today. I’m a bad man. I purchased a Stihl ms 260 c today. It has that circular knob for bar adjustments? Is it ok or should I replace it? I can’t eyeball the saw yet it’s not here. Does the regular bar cover replace it? Any Thoughts?

First I had my eye on a $77 nib saw probably Chinese. 52 cc? For a beater saw. If it doesn’t run up to par I could make a lamp out of it.? Like the shoot your eye out movie better than a women’s leg?
Idk

I want to try the easy start. I’m having a hard time pulling the pull start. I’m working out more the muscle seems to be coming back.

I want to try the easy start. I’m having a hard time pulling the pull start. I’m working out more the muscle seems to be coming back.
Tbh the easy start for me is harder to do because you can’t drop start them(you can but you will destroy the spring in there)

I bought several saws from a guy recently and one of them is a Stihl 250 C with EZ start.
You have to forget the normal methods. Put it on the ground or hold the rear handle against your leg or crotch and then just pull SLOWLY. You can either pull the cord all the way out or just pull it a foot or so. Let it retract and do it again. I guess that is winding up the main spring and then it will release after a certain point.
On this one a couple of short pulls and it fires. Choke off and two or three more and its running.
They would be a good setup if you have a disability that makes drop starting hard. It starts so easy that I would be worried with it around unsupervised kids.

You know your CAD is getting out of control when you cannot remember the exact model of the chainsaw you have just bought. :laugh:

What you have there is most likely this: https://www.stihl.com/STIHL-power-t...roperty-maintenance/2830-110/MS-250-C-BE.aspx
It's a pretty decent bar adjustment system for homeowners and occasional use albeit it's a pretty expensive extra: my take is if it ain't broken don't fix it.
Yes especially when you buy ones with homeowner adjustment covers!

It’s ok I’m almost there myself. bought a new in box craftsman 16” just cause

Latest posts

Back