Stihl MS 661 having the bog blues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to like your post just because of you ability to throw a brand stab in there LOL. For the record though. Stihl guys have 2 saws as well up here. I do wish they weren't as strict with the certification here. I believe it's a money grab. The fallers who can't afford the $30,000 certification are the ones that will school the guys that can. We do get paid a lot more to do the same job here though.

You know those Stihl guys to aye. Man o man it never ends. One of the wife's relatives bought 2 new 661's. His boss puts him and his partner in tight right of way and his partner drops a 100' balsam on him with his 660. he lived though.

Had to like your post just because of you ability to throw a brand stab in there LOL. For the record though. Stihl guys have 2 saws as well up here. I do wish they weren't as strict with the certification here. I believe it's a money grab. The fallers who can't afford the $30,000 certification are the ones that will school the guys that can. We do get paid a lot more to do the same job here though.
Here gives them a reason to go home early i guess ,if i was out there ,i would bring 2 saws personally

it would be sweet to see the final outcome of this just to know but somehow i feel like you will just eventually end up with a new saw. out of all the 661's i know of not one as far as i know is having these issues. there is alot of controversy though. some fallers don't want nothing to do with the 661 and have been searching dealers for NOS 660's

Yes ,many actually ,but guys some have 2 ,we are not as uptight as the guys in your area ,do not need all that bc type training to get a job either . Maybe with huskies it would be smart to have a backup ,the guys down here run stihls though ;)
QTLA

Quotes FO TROOF for you Canukastanians

Where is muh string trimmah mista :mad:
"Yours" is at yo house.

Muh String Trimma is in the connex in Lowell.... And LomgArms ain't "Porting" no 4 mix, so I will have to find other technology.... [emoji13][emoji13][emoji13][emoji13]

"Yours" is at yo house.

Muh String Trimma is in the connex in Lowell.... And LomgArms ain't "Porting" no 4 mix, so I will have to find other technology.... [emoji13][emoji13][emoji13][emoji13]
I gots the old type fs80 2 stoke ,no mixer

I gots the old type fs80 2 stoke ,no mixer
Everybody talks **** about muh FS130 handlebar, but it hasn't skipped a beat so far, in 3 years of clearing, weed eating, saw blade or heavy string.

I've been very satisfied with it: if I wasn't, I wouldn't own it.

Yes ,many actually ,but guys some have 2 ,we are not as uptight as the guys in your area ,do not need all that bc type training to get a job either . Maybe with huskies it would be smart to have a backup ,the guys down here run stihls though ;)
At east one of 'em ain't a runner right now... Sorry I couldn't resist.I could lend a 562 or a Dolmar 9010 though... Alright I'm done I promise. I actually love cream-sickles too. I understand being your own boss and being broke but I'd still want a similar sized backup, even if it was long-in-tooth just to cover my rear. Hell I don't got firewooding without 2-3 saws or more sometimes.

When I was working for guys felling, I normally would pack 4 saws with me. Always one new one in the toolbox and a backup then 2 main saws one for large timber and a smaller saw like 044 for all around stuff. I support my family on one income and have not made the best choices in life is how I ended up were I am now. The wife just graduated college last week and already landed a job, so now all the pressure isn't on me, its been a tough 5 years

Put it this way if it don't Stihl will do a lt more damage to it's rep on here than likely anywhere else outside of the T.S. series... I still want to try a 661 badly. None of my dealers have one nor do any of them have a scan tool (to the best of my knowledge)... We'll see.

Put it this way if it don't Stihl will do a lt more damage to it's rep on here than likely anywhere else outside of the T.S. series... I still want to try a 661 badly. None of my dealers have one nor do any of them have a scan tool (to the best of my knowledge)... We'll see.
Same Here.

Latest posts

Back