Stihl MS 661 having the bog blues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe they don't give you a working back up saw, that sucks!

Sucks? More like BS! WTF!?! I can't believe that he is getting such horrible support from his dealer. I know I would not be left out in the cold like that by mine, and I'm not a pro whose livelihood depends upon it. This is horsechit! Time for a new dealer...

Put it this way if it don't Stihl will do a lt more damage to it's rep on here than likely anywhere else outside of the T.S. series... I still want to try a 661 badly. None of my dealers have one nor do any of them have a scan tool (to the best of my knowledge)... We'll see.

i've ran a few 661's now. they got the same handle orientation as the 660 and the same nose dive with longer bars although it feels like not as bad but that might be because the ones i ran had a light bar on them. no thank you!

it would be sweet to see the final outcome of this just to know but somehow i feel like you will just eventually end up with a new saw. out of all the 661's i know of not one as far as i know is having these issues. there is alot of controversy though. some fallers don't want nothing to do with the 661 and have been searching dealers for NOS 660's

Old habits are tough to break. I remember when I would not buy a car w/FI. Now, I would not want to buy one w/o it.

I am hoping so.... I have a very mint 660 that is going on the chopping block soon... I been wantign a 661, not that I need it, but finally picked one up. So soon as I get back off this trip, the 660 goes on the interwebz for sale and stuff.

dw

I did notice that with the same 36" x 0.063x3/8" Stihl bar on my 9010, it's nt nearly as nose heavy as my 660 was. It wasn't horrible, but the 9010 balances it better. The 395xp is the same way FWIW.

the 044-660 stihls were very bad for the nose dive thing. one of the reasons i don't like them. seems to contribute more to the physical stress on the body throughout the day.

Latest posts

Back