Stihl MS210C problem starting and stopping

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today, Jan. 2, later in the afternoon, i went to the local dealer, who was busy, but managed to bend the ear of his wife to go to their schematic on their disc for the Stihil MS 210, which was also for the MS210C, but NOT for the 230, or 250. Guess what? It DOES show that Impulse Hose you are talking about!!!!!!!!!! I know it shows on that schematic you, or someone sent me, but it got confusing for me, because that same schematic was also for the 230 and 250, and when you or someone sent me that video showing where the impulse hose was, mine does NOT come out where that one does, and also, someone else here on chat said there was no impulse hose on this model. Also, the local dealer here, who has been here 15 years and does the mechanic work himself, told me the same, and that the "impulse" came out of the
engine block through that small rubber grommet into the back of the angled hole drilled into the carb on it's backside.
So you can see why i was confused--and still am a little. I figured what you or someone sent me with that video, showed a 250 but that hose was not on the 210C. It showed one on the schematic, because the schematic ( on the PDF) was generic for 3 saws, but apparently only applied to 1 or 2, because of what I learned above. But today's FINDING was a
revelation to me, that indeed, it must indeed be on this saw TOO! (210C) For this schematic was ONLY for the 210 and 210C. Both the dealer, another man on this site, and Brian, from Bailey's Logging, told me there was NO impulse hose here. I guess I will find out now for myself, when I start tearing into the saw tomorrow, and tomorrow also the local dealer's wife will order another hose for me i think--or I'll find one online somewhere. (unfortunately another week or so wait) Maybe partstree.com or some other site--tell me who you use. But if I tear down this saw, and find that hose tatered or damaged somehow, I will then find the source of the problem--and you will be right.
I also tried 3 auto places today as to a Vacuum tester--they were about $40, but I didn't like the ones I saw--didn't have that oval pump in the middle that I was looking for--Mighty Vac was at 2 places, that had 2 handles on it. I think I'll chase down that impulse hose first--if that is it, then I'll put the vacuum hose thing on hold. Greg

Today--Jan.4, I discovered the solution to my saw problem--I've already written Charlie and Doug, who tried to help me the most, thanking them for their time, and all the good stuff they sent me, which is NOT a waste anyhow, for I have shop manuals, PDF downloads of schematics on this saw, and web sites on the Zama carb kits that will be VERY helpful in the future, and it was GOOD to learn so much about my saw and it's inner workings anyhow! But the problem with my saw was SOOOO simple----it was WATER IN MY GAS!!!! And no one recent had even suggested that to me--maybe early on someone did, but I dismissed it, for I HAD changed my gas 4 times! And I had bought new gas 2 weeks ago or so, so I knew it was not old gas. And I had it under an overhand sort of porch on my trailer--so I thought it was protected. But it was only 3' in from one of the roofs, and it is one of those new gas cans you get at Wal-Mart that has a nozzle that sticks out that does NOT have a cap on it, or plug, like all the ones I've used for years--no one here even sells any other kind--and about 2 weeks ago we got 3 in. of rain--I was not home that day, so didn't see it, but apparently it came with wind, and came in sideways for part of the day, and it must have gotten into that nozzle, for it must have been pointed out that direction. Just because I had tried EVERYTHING ELSE (so much so, I busted 2 new fuel line hoses and had to buy another--$ 20 for an OEM from stihl) , also new fuel and air filters, new carb kit, new plug, with a new carb coming in the mail next week, and an impulse hose also on order--I just went back to the basics in my head last night, and thought I better look at my gas again. Today, put a few oz. of water evaporator into my 2 gal. gas can, shook it up, and after emptying my gas in my saw, poured this new stuff in, and it started and STAYED RUNNING FINALLY! I still need some fine tuning on the HS, but at least it is working!!! PTL!
I just went back to the shop manuals now again, where I had been before, and I did not see ANYWHERE where anyone suggested water in my fuel! Too simple maybe? It suggests all the more technical/mechanical stuff--stuff I had tried! It was so simple--isn't it that way in life sometimes too? We can't find our keys to our truck--where are they? In our other pair of jeans, or different jacket we wore the night before. Even the problems we have in life's frustrations with people, or our own peace of mind, that we can find with the Gospel and words of Jesus. But I don't want to preach now to anyone--I own up to the fact I just overlooked this, even if someone on chat here suggested it, becaise I DID put new gas in! But it was IMPURE gas--contaminated gas with some water in it! And perhaps water stays on top of the gas jug--so that goes in first? Anyhow--that was the problem--so thanks to ALL of you for your suggestions--it STILL was NOT wasted--I learned SO much about my saw, and have resources now for this, and my other 9 saws, 4 which are not working, and need fixing, and now I have better ideas about how to fix them! So thank you all for your help--I SO appreciate you guys--and hope I can chat with you again!

Back