Stihl MS241C M-Tronic review :)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That only sometimes is true, and has become more untrue by now, than it was earlier.

As with any generalization :)

I looked at what we get and I was surprised very few orange handle saws

170,180, 211 black handle 192 201 also black
230, 250 orange handle
241 C-M, 261,291, 311, 381, 391, 362, 441 C-M, 441, 460, 660, 880 All white handle even the MSA 160 Cordless
Looks like all of them will be white handled soon

Thanks SawTroll your comment was more accurate than I thought when I first read it :hmm3grin2orange:

I was long winded but at 257 words I did leave a lot out

I did the .404 chains for the 08S but he was wanting to go and I had not done the raker's yet, next day I came around to carve out some kiddy's chairs out of the rounds he had left over from the tree job and he had not touched the raker's:bang:

A 241 CM with freight is the same price as a locally sourced MS211

MCW: If you like it that much now, it might get weird after you give it a MM. :laugh:

I used a small air saw to remove the inner baffle. It will be impossible to remove without cutting the deflector off or splitting the muffler in half. After spending way more time than I wanted to on my 362 muffler because of splitting it, I didn't want to split this one in half.

I usually grab this saw first. I really like it too.

Thanks for the intro to the 241, it is why I have mine.

And that right there is the insane part. Mate you'll love that 241 - I just want to get a room with it...

EDIT: Sorry mate, I meant get a room with my 241, not yours.

i'm not buying one i'm trying to keep on the straight and narrow :haha:

As with any generalization :)

I looked at what we get and I was surprised very few orange handle saws

170,180, 211 black handle 192 201 also black
230, 250 orange handle
241 C-M, 261,291, 311, 381, 391, 362, 441 C-M, 441, 460, 660, 880 All white handle even the MSA 160 Cordless
Looks like all of them will be white handled soon

Thanks SawTroll your comment was more accurate than I thought when I first read it :hmm3grin2orange:

I was long winded but at 257 words I did leave a lot out

I did the .404 chains for the 08S but he was wanting to go and I had not done the raker's yet, next day I came around to carve out some kiddy's chairs out of the rounds he had left over from the tree job and he had not touched the raker's:bang:

A 241 CM with freight is the same price as a locally sourced MS211

At least you left out the current white handled homeowner saws!

...and the black handles were for small saws, regardless of quality level. :msp_smile:

MCW: If you like it that much now, it might get weird after you give it a MM. :laugh:

I used a small air saw to remove the inner baffle. It will be impossible to remove without cutting the deflector off or splitting the muffler in half. After spending way more time than I wanted to on my 362 muffler because of splitting it, I didn't want to split this one in half.

I usually grab this saw first. I really like it too.

Thanks for the intro to the 241, it is why I have mine.

Uh oh, muffler mod :( This saw will be staying stock at this stage. I really do need a quieter saw for domestic jobs.
Really hope you're loving yours as much as I love mine. Impressed is an understatement. The harder you lean on it the more the M-Tronic kicks in and just keeps on lugging it through the cut.

i'm not buying one i'm trying to keep on the straight and narrow :haha:

Don't be silly. Straight and narrow? Pffffft...

At least you left out the current white handled homeowner saws!

...and the black handles were for small saws, regardless of quality level. :msp_smile:

Hi Niko :) How's the weather over there? 38°C here today. Yay. Sort of doesn't mix with petrol powered appliances at the moment as I'm on steroidal anti inflammatories which are making me hot and sweat like a pig :(

naked 241 pictures

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

no spark arrestor in muffler but has bracket that would support one inside it

descent chain as standard

this one was ordered with a 16" bar

three saws ms017 then ms241 then ms 261 same hard as concrete Aussie hardwood

[video=youtube;by-0JG6ocZQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=by-0JG6ocZQ#t=2s[/video]

017 cuts in average 15.8 seconds with new carlton chain
241 cuts in average 12.4 seconds chain was new before I dropped those four trees
261 cuts in average of 9.8 seconds carlton chain sharpened once

Hows your 241cm running MCW?
I am almost ready to buy one but tricky part is getting it to the USA. My saw plan is 200t, 241, 362 and a 661. I have the 200t and a 362 just waiting on the 661 to be released and figuring out how to get a 241. Its funny how ten years of being an arborist I didnt have CAD, then I find this site and its all over.

I have the exact same plan I own a 200t and 362 i want 201t, 241 and a 661 perfect saw for each application
good luck with your CAD

Back