Stihl MS361 Club roll call.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustytools

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Alright it seems like everyone is either getting one here lately or already has one. Who are you? I got mine on 4-13-07 as a birthday gift from myself and the wife and kids.

Got my 361 few years ago when they first came out. Was a little jittery about buying something new and untested, but took a chance and have not been disappointed. Use it most of the time in my Ripsaw bandmill where it gets a workout slicing logs into rough lumber. Just can't say anything bad about this great saw, it's just all good so far. I keep it clean, and it has only ever seen 40:1 Stihl mix it's whole life. As has been said in umpteen posts on this forum, this saw is just a winner. For as light as it is, it has plenty of power which is why... if I was only allowed one saw (oh the thought... ) but still had to do everything I do with chainsaws, I would choose my MS361 over my Husky 365 or MS460.

I got my MS361 in December of 2005. I love it, use full synthetic Stihl oil in it, getting ready to do a muffler modification soon.

Got one................when, Oct 12 2006
I wright the purchase date in the owners manual
of everything I (we) buy........Wife, trained me to do that :bowdown:

Should have made this a poll

Got one

Getting one

Thinking about one

Never getting one

Never, never I hate Stihls

Last one is so even the Stihl haters can vote :laugh:

Last edited:
Got mine in April of 2004. Wow has it been that long. I probably have the oldest one on this site.:givebeer:

Got mine yesterday (4/17/07). I've already run about 10 tanks of gas through it. It just keeps getting better and better.

I should have listened to y'all sooner! :D

Got one. Race only though.

Stock itis lighter than the 365, but about the same power. Both saws feel good in the paws, so....

Fred

12-29-06 as a late present to self.

Since then added a chain catcher kit, 441 bar studs, modded the muffler (Thanks for the part #s and inspiration Andy!) and a "Magnum" decal.

Been mostly using a 16" ES bar, but have 20" and 25" on hand if needed.

Latest posts

Back