Stihl VS Carlton bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I'm going with the Stihl ES. A local dealer and AS member made me a deal I couldn't refuse! Now the choice is full comp or skip:) or both.

I would go skip. You get better chip clearing and it does not work the saw as hard. If you have that 32 buried the skip may even be faster. :)

I don't know that full skip will clear chips any better, but I can't speak from personal experienc. I only ran full skip a couple times and the saw was having issues. I do know that your 441 has the balls to pull that b/c combo with authority. If you're concerned, go semi skip but I think you'll be happier with the smoothness of the full comp. Good choice on the ES bar btw.

There's nothing like a Stihl bar on a Stihl saw. :clap:

I agree. The problems with saw inbreeding are evident below...

Well what about this.
354.jpg

Man that is just plain wrong and you know it, AND it's on upside down...

See why pay all that money when they can't even print the logo on the right way:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

You wouldn't believe how many people complain about their bar being upside down when they pick up their saws.

I agree. The problems with saw inbreeding are evident below...

Man that is just plain wrong and you know it, AND it's on upside down...
whys it wrong i happen to like that set up the best saw with the best bar on it.check out the 7900 in my avatar really closely.

whys it wrong i happen to like that set up the best saw with the best bar on it.check out the 7900 in my avatar really closely.

Only kidding mate. The 20" bars I run on my 7900 were branded Husky until the paint wore off :) They were actually made by GB and were rebranded Pro Tops.

I have the 28" RW on it now. I just put it on there when I was enlarging the slot. I needed to see how far I had to go to get the chain on with the 8 pin.

Only kidding mate. The 20" bars I run on my 7900 were branded Husky until the paint wore off :) They were actually made by GB and were rebranded Pro Tops.

That's what I got the last bailey's go round, a couple of 16s and a 20" for the 357, all GB. Enjoyed the last 2 weeks of tele from Melbourne, looking fine over yonder:cheers:

That's what I got the last bailey's go round, a couple of 16s and a 20" for the 357, all GB. Enjoyed the last 2 weeks of tele from Melbourne, looking fine over yonder:cheers:

Yeah mate tennis was excellent. Federer and Williams are machines...

Back