Stihlmans Wood,Tree cutting ramblings...........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That damn oak is like pine to that yellow box.

Wow.

Yep.

Red Gum is about the same hardness/density as Black Locust and feels like balsa when cutting compared to any of the Box's.

I keep getting the urge to raise the exhaust slightly in my 7901, then put a longer bar on in some Yellow or White Box and go "hmm, maybe not" as it does require a light touch at times.

Another nice tree,stump this one i was supprised how solid it was.
Ya would of made a good slabbing log but i havnt got anything close to doing this size stuff.
The 880s got another good run.
Is that like an outback daytime safety flare? Red smoke blowing in the breeze. Can the planes still hear the saw if you get lost at night or do you just drain the bar oil and keep cutting?

That's probly one of the best if not the best compare vid around ,showing the diff between cuts in one ,you can see the difference in the chip size as the chain progresses through the two types of timber,people carry on about chain sharpness thinking its the only factor when looking at chip size,they forget or don't know what hard wood really is,thanks Andrew

You only have to post videos on Youtube cutting Aussie hardwoods to realise just how many people from across the world have absolutely no idea what they're looking at. They've been taught from day one that dust means a blunt chain.
I've gotten sick of replying to these know it all knobs on Youtube. I even saw one comment the other day from another Aussie's video when this peanut has told him to sharpen his chain. The guy has replied saying it was brand new chain. Knobhead has replied saying "everybody says it's new chain when they're throwing dust". I wanted to climb in the computer screen and b1tchslap him.

I've gotten sick of replying to these know it all knobs on Youtube. I even saw one comment the other day from another Aussie's video when this peanut has told him to sharpen his chain. The guy has replied saying it was brand new chain. Knobhead has replied saying "everybody says it's new chain when they're throwing dust". I wanted to climb in the computer screen and b1tchslap him.

Matt, it's not just cutting vids, youtube comments seems to bring out all the wankers.

It's obvious why some people just turn the comments off, I would if I bothered posting anything, it's just not worth the negativity.

Well of course, you were in the Monkees. :D

That was just too clever to slip past.
At least it made me laugh this morning when I read it :D

The Monkees - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Peter Tork - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pete Tork, second from right between Davy Jones and Mike Nesmith ;)

The+Monkees+monkeesc2.png

You only have to post videos on Youtube cutting Aussie hardwoods to realise just how many people from across the world have absolutely no idea what they're looking at. They've been taught from day one that dust means a blunt chain.
yep,actually seen it first hand also

Matt, it's not just cutting vids, youtube comments seems to bring out all the wankers.

It's obvious why some people just turn the comments off, I would if I bothered posting anything, it's just not worth the negativity.

yeh and its those knobs that don't post vids yet are the worlds biggest experts

Yeah that crossed my mind just the other day, youtube has become such a great resource for both learning and laughs. Unfortunately all the low-life half wits feel the need to run their mouth at every opportunity and leave the poor author to defend themselves in hope that they are not further ridiculed by the remaining a$$ hats. I guess some people just can't play nice...

But for those on here who do post videos, thanks for the great work. It makes the whole internet chainsaw surfing a lot more fun :msp_thumbup:

Last edited:
Yeah that crossed my mind just the other day, youtube has become such a great resource for both learning and laughs. Unfortunately all the low-life half wits feel the need to run their mouth at every opportunity and leave the poor author to defend themselves in hope that they are not further ridiculed by the remaining a$$ hats. I guess some people just can't play nice...

But for those on here who do post videos, thanks for the great work. It makes the whole internet chainsaw surfing a lot more fun :msp_thumbup:

I think in the future i'll just disable the comments doovalacky on tube,seems to also reduce the dicck head factor if you don't make it public just give the link in whatever post and leave it at that

I think in the future i'll just disable the comments doovalacky on tube,seems to also reduce the dicck head factor if you don't make it public just give the link in whatever post and leave it at that

Yup that's what I do, keep it private and then only AS members with the link can see it. That's fine by my, I don't really care about anyone one else not seeing them, especially the youtube armchair heros.

A blokes been on a trip to Darwin did some fishing,shooting as you do i shall put some pics up.
Brothers new Ranger with all the fruit and trick bits on it.

attachment.php

Stuck for a bit.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

A blokes been on a trip to Darwin did some fishing,shooting as you do i shall put some pics up.
Brothers new Ranger with all the fruit and trick bits on it.

attachment.php

Clearly needs more cup holders and what is that thingamgig box on rails and off the back,,,, fridge or designer travel luggage ?

do like the winch cable under flippy number plate

post pic of your conquest the girls and critters nailed

Latest posts

Back