Stihlmans Wood,Tree cutting ramblings...........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pfft, Holleys.......

Any decent saw would sport a 48 DCO SP Weber, one throttle bore supplying the 'main' inlet tract, the other the 'Strato' tract.

As anyone that knows carburettion knows, you can change venturi's and auxiliary venturi's just to tailor the airflow requirements for each inlet 'side' of the saw, and that's before we even get into jets, emulsion tubes, air correction jets, etc.

Bloody amateurs.......

:D

Hi ya blokes
Crap day cold,windy and rain so a bit of saw maintenance is the go,the 460 needed some loving and a birthday bar was first up.
Dressed it filed the burs and the sprocket was looking a little second hand so a new one was fitted.So new sprocket nose,chain 8 pin sprocket and a clean up all ready to go again.

attachment.php

You dont relly notice how much they wear untill you look at a new one,this bar has done around 60 hrs work,the rails are still good only the sprocket was a bit sad.
I put a new Stihl semi chisel chain (thanks Matt) on and i notice that the drive links have little dimples in it,havnt seen that before.
New one under old one.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Ready to go again.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yeah those dimples on the drivelinks are interesting Andrew. The older Stihl chain didn't have this and it's only new. Their .325" has it too.
Helps with holding oil and "possibly" necessary with the newer whale friendly low output oilers.
Got to hand it to Stihl, they are constantly improving stuff that you didn't think could be improved.
Or they overcomplicate stuff instead just for the hell of it :D

I think it is only easier to produce with a similar effect like the old big hole with channel system. Just a few blast's with a laser or stamp and voìla fertig!

I think it is only easier to produce with a similar effect like the old big hole with channel system. Just a few blast's with a laser or stamp and voìla fertig!

Genau :msp_wink:

finished !
exactly.

Thank my deity for Google translate.

Ideal for the mono-lingual ignoramus that I am :D

Back