Stihlmans Wood,Tree cutting ramblings...........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yave a look at this for a wood splitter one of Whitands Engineerings finest,this is going to make productsoin so much easyer and quicker for sure.:D
14 HP V twin
alevator
200 kg hydrolic lifter
T splitting head

[video=youtube;mhRxb1Oitrs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhRxb1Oitrs[/video]

I've got a mate at Bordertown who recently spent over $20k on a splitter for his firewood business. Haven't seen it yet but there are certainly some weapons getting around.

Yave a look at this for a wood splitter one of Whitands Engineerings finest,this is going to make productsoin so much easyer and quicker for sure.:D
14 HP V twin
alevator
200 kg hydrolic lifter
T splitting head

[video=youtube;mhRxb1Oitrs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhRxb1Oitrs[/video]

Whitands gear just gets better n better my superaxe in 98 was tip top the vertical chop and add a T knife is just so simple and effective idea

Why is the wood cut so short?

haha I've allways wondered why you blokes cut so long but split so thin :confused:

here the average fire box is 12" to 16" long and most of the wood we chuck in is

around 10"x10" to 7"x10" well up this neck of the woods any how

:big_smile:

ps hope ya had a good cruise

Last edited:
Plus you should try and move a round that's 24" plus in diameter.

I have some 30"+ ones cut at the 12-14" mark and I need to take the splitter to them, I can barely stand the buggers on end :dizzy:

The stuff we have here is crazy dense.
Put it this way it all sinks, nothing floats, even when seasoned.

Plus we run slow combustion wood heaters too. Not sure if that is the case in the US etc but one NFL football sized lump of our hardwood will generally run all night in our heaters with the air choked down.
You won't be able to do that with any softwood I've ever burnt. Nowhere near it.

Plus we run slow combustion wood heaters too. Not sure if that is the case in the US etc but one NFL football sized lump of our hardwood will generally run all night in our heaters with the air choked down.
You won't be able to do that with any softwood I've ever burnt. Nowhere near it.

Yeah I like how you only need to light a fire once every winter and it burns straight through.

Yeah I like how you only need to light a fire once every winter and it burns straight through.

I had to laugh last season when I sold a load of some really hard stuff (not sure exactly what species) to a lady in town. They were big lumps too and took up most of her fireplace - bloody heavy as well.
When she ordered her next load she wanted some small stuff as well (sticks etc) which was fine.
I asked her why when I delivered it and it was because she had trouble lighting the big chunks I'd given her and was using boxes and boxes of firelighters to get the fire started. She had no kindling.
I felt a bit sorry for her so gave her a discount :)

I had to laugh last season when I sold a load of some really hard stuff (not sure exactly what species) to a lady in town. They were big lumps too and took up most of her fireplace - bloody heavy as well.
When she ordered her next load she wanted some small stuff as well (sticks etc) which was fine.
I asked her why when I delivered it and it was because she had trouble lighting the big chunks I'd given her and was using boxes and boxes of firelighters to get the fire started. She had no kindling.

Poor lady, but she's not the only one thats for sure.

Talking about fire lights - I got an electric one for my birthday. It works kinda like a very hot hair dryer - point it at wood or charcoal for 60 secs and it burns right away. No smelly fire lighters required. Those Swedes have some interesting inventions sometimes...

Poor lady, but she's not the only one thats for sure.

Talking about fire lights - I got an electric one for my birthday. It works kinda like a very hot hair dryer - point it at wood or charcoal for 60 secs and it burns right away. No smelly fire lighters required. Those Swedes have some interesting inventions sometimes...

I get the same results from petrol and a match :D

The really pro (read: conscientious) firewood suppliers supply some kindling with every load for little old ladies :p

Latest posts

Back