Stihlmans Wood,Tree cutting ramblings...........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
come on matt we know that having two heads makes them twice as smart :msp_biggrin:

Skip the Tassie jokes.... You'll confuse the Sherman's too much ;)
Every real bloke has one head is for the perving and rating and one for everything else..... Duh.

Bit harsh there Rick.

Most blokes have two heads Darren. Some have three though :)

Yeah, and I tried something new today. I put Mcboob on my ignore list, makes the forum a much nicer place. :biggrinbounce2:

The ignore thing never works for me.........I see where they made a post and my twisted sense of curiosity gets the best of me.......well ####.

I have to take em off ignore to see what they wrote. :bang:

A blokes ya me again,have been checking out a couple of large branches for maybe milling slabs from.The first one here is at the max for my mill i can do 30'' wide so maybe i need Matt to visit or i need longer rails and bar to get the job done.These are nice solid Redgum and this one is 32'' at the smallest end and the thing has a bannarna shape to it,would make a nice bar top.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is next weeks task,about a 300 acre paddock full of this stuff.Dead dry hard Redgum and Yellowbox take whats anygood push into heaps and burn the rest ready to start cropping in two weeks.
Check out the green tinge from the rain last week.:msp_biggrin:

attachment.php

Last edited:
I'd be more than happy to mill them for you Andrew. Just bring them to my place :)
I also picked up a 72" GB Ti from Benny this arvo as I've got a few Redgum logs up here that I can't even mill with my 60" bar and 55" cut.
Redgum is awesome, except for that bloody dust...

That sounds like some serious slabbin going to go on there,have you got a market for them ?.
At least these ones are still green.:msp_smile:
I suppose if i got longer rails i could use my 50'' on the 880.:msp_scared:

That sounds like some serious slabbin going to go on there,have you got a market for them ?.
At least these ones are still green.:msp_smile:
I suppose if i got longer rails i could use my 50'' on the 880.:msp_scared:

Nah no market mate. I was just going to clad my house with them :D With slabs this big the market will find me. Good thing is that the property owner has a heap of big machinery so he can lift the whole logs into his machinery sheds out of the weather. Should make running the mill a lot easier with forklifts etc around and 240v for the grinder.

Started in the what we call the dead paddock today,not much joy in here this stuff is dry,hard,rotten,termite infested crap.
Tryed to get the rainbow in the back ground but i was a minute late it was starting to fade,the 880 got a flogging in this stuff.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back