Stihlmans Wood,Tree cutting ramblings...........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A blokes at it again got orders to fill so get stuck in.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Um...
Can't mill that big mate. 55" max with my current setup but with the 72" and a new set of rails probably 65-68".
Nice tree. Did you push it over yourself? ;)

when you slice it can you count the rings ?

Ok lads competition time nearest the pin lets see hmm 243 years old there's a reason I picked that number as well

Dendrochronology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

9th International Conference on Dendrochronology | 14-20 January 2014 | Melbourne Australia

Dendrochronology is a measure of climate and this is only accurate for working out the age of a tree if the climate is the same year in year out this means it is highly probable in temperate climates a ring = a year, but it is also true that in tropical climates it is a record how many times a tree flushed and this can be two and three times a year.

I will go 400 years just to be different from the rest of you :)

Dendrochronology is a measure of climate and this is only accurate for working out the age of a tree if the climate is the same year in year out this means it is highly probable in temperate climates a ring = a year, but it is also true that in tropical climates it is a record how many times a tree flushed and this can be two and three times a year.

I will go 400 years just to be different from the rest of you :)

yeah reading rings is not as easy as 1 2 3 but as this log is green not dry which can help define rings and its from southern OZ it may just allow dear Stihlman to get a close enuff estimate of numbers,,,, er um that's if he can count that high,,,, sir you may need to take yer boots off or bring a blackboard n chalk lad :msp_biggrin:

you can often see past years eg 73 & 81 of drought and plenty 84 & 96-98 show in the rings as good or poor times

The oldest I soxed was 350 old red gum and it was a stupid act cuz I though was decayed and dodgy over a school yard but once down it was only rot on trunk surface and Codit had held it firm. That tree could still be there 200 plus years if I known better.

Ok on the board for nearest the pin estimate years

Sun64 180
Saltas 400
Rudy 195
MCW 215
Derwood 243

Sportsbet will be on it soon covering the spread

Flippin cold today a chill in the air even as i work muckin out the chook shed me nose is telling me its about 7c - 0 when the wind blows up me shirt

Ok update nearest the pin estimate years

Sun64 180
Saltas 400
Rudy 195
MCW 215
Derwood 243
Stilhman 350 are you taking a handicap for onsite and local knowledge ?

the table still open lads till 441 starts his saw git on for the glory of guessing

I dont need a handicap i am all ready one.:msp_biggrin:

I think i will cut the butt part off of the tree on Wednesday to enable the fence to be repaired.

Maybe Matt can mill it when he comes down.

Last edited:
Ok update nearest the pin estimate years

Sun64 180
Saltas 400
Rudy 195
MCW 215
Derwood 243
Stilhman 350 are you taking a handicap for onsite and local knowledge ?

the table still open lads till 441 starts his saw git on for the glory of guessing

I am guessing 325.

You find some awesome Redgum Stihlman!!!

Back