Straight gas in new Husqvarna chainsaw! Wrecked? I check and am shocked!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple years back Carl got a saw in that needed to be tuned.
In the end it locked up while tuning, tank had just gas, no oil.
Well the customer had NO clue about mixing oil and had been running the saw for a couple years on regular gas.[/QUOTE.
There ain't no way dude, maybe the tank that burn't it up. but in no way on this earth it ran for two years on straight gas. not going to happen

Good thing you were wearing the hearing protection on your helmet in that video...you say "what's that?"...I SAID: GOOD THING YOU WERE WEARING YOUR HEARING PROTECTION ON YOUR HELMET IN THAT VIDEO.

In all seriousness, it was only one tank of gas. There was most probably enough oil in there to not do major damage. It was caught in time, I guess. That, and, its a husky.

this is why i run mix in everything, including the chipper. you never know when someone on the crew has been smoking the weed with its roots in hell or is just dog tired at the end of the day. the chipper runs great on 50:1.
I've even ran mixed in my vehicle when I was running out gas because I forgot to fill up.

Couple years back Carl got a saw in that needed to be tuned.
In the end it locked up while tuning, tank had just gas, no oil.
Well the customer had NO clue about mixing oil and had been running the saw for a couple years on regular gas.
[emoji243][emoji90]......im starting to wonder if the foster kids are really the ones with special needs.

Using oil in 2-cycle engines is a big conspiracy between refineries and the OPE industry. Oil execs pay big money to these engine manufacturers to private label their oil and advertise it as required for use. As the OP inadvertently discovered, modern 2-stroke engines are built with such precise tolerances and finishing processes that there's no need to actually use oil. Most engines now use a technology called nano-encapsulation, which is a process that creates microscopic gasoline "bubbles" between the piston and cylinder walls. At high RPM's, these bubbles prevent the piston ever making physical contact with the cylinder walls. These bubbles also capture and transport heat away from the piston due to their fantastic insulating properties. All this "nikasil" and "chrome plating" is totally unnecessary and done solely to allow mfg's to tack on additional charges.

I beg to differ haha why don't you demonstrate your saws after running straight gas.
im been running the same mix for years no damage yet im NOT going to run a piece of 2 cycle equipment with out lubrication just plain silly
equipment is expensive oil is not.
you're just saying that because your trying to get more business for selling parts to uninformed people.
and you are a sponsor?! who do you work for chainsawr :rolleyes:

I beg to differ haha why don't you demonstrate your saws after running straight gas.
im been running the same mix for years no damage yet im NOT going to run a piece of 2 cycle equipment with out lubrication just plain silly
equipment is expensive oil is not.
you're just saying that because your trying to get more business for selling parts to uninformed people.
and you are a sponsor?! who do you work for chainsawr :rolleyes:

I'll bet you've never checked the muffler bearings or changed the tail light fluid in your car either. You really should get that done.

THIS IS A JOKE YOU'RE BEING TROLLED

I'll bet you've never checked the muffler bearings or changed the tail light fluid in your car either. You really should get that done.

THIS IS A JOKE YOU'RE BEING TROLLED
I believe you are being called out sir. Run your OPE without oil just straight gas. I am sure there is a member close to you that can bring you some straight gas for this test.

Latest posts

Back