Straight gas in new Husqvarna chainsaw! Wrecked? I check and am shocked!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just saying what happened. Don't believe it, I don't care, but don't be rude!

I had a worker last year run my 460 Stihl almost a whole week on regular gas. Several gallons. It's still running fine and makes 160psi... somehow!

that being said, we get many straight gassed saws in for repairs that it only took a tank or less of no oil gas to ruin the piston and cylinder.

I use good oil, maybe that helps, I dunno.
Ok, Maybe we are misunderstanding you, Are you saying regular gas with oil or regular gas with no oil?

I lent my father a 262 about 20 years ago to junk some firewood. He phoned me that night to tell me that is wasn't working right, finally quit and wouldn't start. Only took 1/2 tank of straight gas.

I'm just saying what happened. Don't believe it, I don't care, but don't be rude!

I had a worker last year run my 460 Stihl almost a whole week on regular gas. Several gallons. It's still running fine and makes 160psi... somehow!

that being said, we get many straight gassed saws in for repairs that it only took a tank or less of no oil gas to ruin the piston and cylinder.

Ok, Maybe we are misunderstanding you, Are you saying regular gas with oil or regular gas with no oil?

S S He don't know what he says he just talks (types) in big ffffffing circles .

I don't think you or any of the rest of us is misunderstanding what he's trying to tell us. How anyone could post that on a chainsaw forum and expect it to be believed is beyond me.

Slabbers disabled squirrels wouldn't even fall for that.

S S He don't know what he says he just talks (types) in big ffffffing circles .
Just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, Surely he don't believe someone that tells him they run a two stoke saw without oil for two years and it survived. Only way that would happen is he put gas in it and set it on a shelf for two years.

Just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, Surely he don't believe someone that tells him they run a two stoke saw without oil for two years and it survived. Only way that would happen is he put gas in it and set it on a shelf for two years.
Two weeks I read? Which wont work either. 2 minutes sure.

And that is my point exactly, I really think he believes everything he types

Several gallons of no mix gas, That is a helluva lot of tanks of gas to go through a saw. I keep tryin to help you and you keep digging the hole deeper. You're in over yer head with that post.:dizzy:

Latest posts

Back