Stupidest Repairs Ever Witnessed!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh yeah i forgot i had those. These are precious. :laugh:

attachment.php

attachment.php

185324d1306462107-100_8050-custom-jpg

wow!!!!

Back when I was a foreman at a tractor/trailer shop, I had a bunch
of green kids working for me on 2nd shift, they came into my office
one night, saying, " Fish, come out here and listen to this tire we just
mounted, it sounds like popcorn!!!!!"
I ran out to see a couple of guys with their ears up to a sidewall of a trailer tire, [not in the cage], listening to the popping sounds.....

That's some spooky stuff. In Richfield Utah there used to be a tire shop owned by one of my in-laws. One of the guys was seating the bead on a old split rim, and it started popping like that, he made the mistake of leaning his head closer to listen, that's when the ring let go. To the day they tore the place down you could see the imprint of the ring in the ceiling, along with holes where it actually embedded pieces of his skull. A picture of that imprint were used in shop class scair em films when I was in high school.

I have seen folks blow a tire to pieces with that trick. The best part about the video you posted is the little ads that pop up on the bottom of the screen when you hit play, the first ad that popped up was for a insurance company asking "Do you need affordable health or life insurance?"

I got an add for good year tires from some tire shop...I thought that was fitting...lol..I keep watching it over again to see what add will show up next..lol..next one was something about some jerimiah and his weed spiked cola...now if Im not allowed to have weed...hows come he can spike his cola with it and sell it....:mad:
I know i know its jerimiah weed brand and his spiked cola...I got that add again and realized that.

I have run saws with re-bar wire holding them together. I have run saws with sticks tied to the pull rope. I have run them where you had to turn the choke off by pushing it open with a stick. It can be aggravating, but it is kinda fun to say to yourself at the end of the day,"I cut over 300,000 lbs of timber with this old beater today"

I have seen farmers weld u-joint caps into a worn out yoke on a pto shaft. It's awfully hard on the seals, but sometimes they get away with it.+

I have run saws with re-bar wire holding them together. I have run saws with sticks tied to the pull rope. I have run them where you had to turn the choke off by pushing it open with a stick. It can be aggravating, but it is kinda fun to say to yourself at the end of the day,"I cut over 300,000 lbs of timber with this old beater today"

Good God your old beater must be a feller buncher cause thats 6 tractor trailer loads in one day course those trees out in OR are a little bit bigger.

Good God your old beater must be a feller buncher cause thats 6 tractor trailer loads in one day course those trees out in OR are a little bit bigger.

No feller bunchers here! @ 83,000lbs a load,(legal highway weight in VA where I cut) with good logs which produce wood fast. That's under 4 loads. I have cut that much before 10:30am in big poplar stands. .

No feller bunchers here! @ 83,000lbs a load,(legal highway weight in VA where I cut) with good logs which produce wood fast. That's under 4 loads. I have cut that much before 10:30am in big poplar stands. .

Damn, you must be in good shape. :dizzy: That's a lot of work...

I believe that. I have personally cut big poplar stands here in Va. And the legal gross vehicle weight is 80,000lbs. Poplars are so straight and so fast to cut that the big ones add up quick. It's nothing to drop and buck a 35" dia x 60ft tall poplar into 16"ft logs within 10-15 minutes. Most of them are just huge, straight poles with no limbs until you get to the very top. :D Though I never had to do much bucking. Just lop the top off and let the skidder drag it away to the knuckle boom for bucking.

So ole 056K aint as bad as y'all thought he was. :D

Last edited:
Poplar is usually clear, stable, and straight

Makes good furniture carcase wood also

I've seen it stained reddish and used as simulated cherry

The poplar is a yellowish color with green center when it's green. It kinda drys out to a yellow/brown center.

Alot of people use it for barns around here also. And plank fence. It's not too hard and I'm not a big fan of it with furniture, but some cheaper furniture is made from Poplar. Very tall and straight though. Makes some very pretty logs, even though it's not the best of lumber. I've seen perfectly straight 60ft logs from a poplar.

Hello,
I haven't seem too many crazy repairs, but I also haven't seen nearly as much as some of you either! The one thing that seems to always pop up and kinda grinds my gears is governor mods on lawn mower. Seems more often than not the springs is stretched to hell and back where they tried to make its faster?? And then on half of those there is a wire holding it WIDE open making it faster. :rock: These ones seem to need valves or other internal parts. Surprise surprise. I just don't get it but what ever.

Bullittman

Hello,
I haven't seem too many crazy repairs, but I also haven't seen nearly as much as some of you either! The one thing that seems to always pop up and kinda grinds my gears is governor mods on lawn mower. Seems more often than not the springs is stretched to hell and back where they tried to make its faster?? And then on half of those there is a wire holding it WIDE open making it faster. :rock: These ones seem to need valves or other internal parts. Surprise surprise. I just don't get it but what ever.

Bullittman

Never occured to them to just sharpen the frecken blade.:msp_confused:

I had this one come from a shop. I broke the stud on a PM 700 that holds the coil. Its the one thats tapped for the recoil spring. I never have much luck removing broken screws so I took it to a shop and told the guy to put the coil on while he was at it.

The coil was new and was one of the ones that you had to attach the wire and cut it to length because I guess that coil fit differant saws. Well the guy just attached all 10 inches of that wire and ran it under the handle instead of through it where its supposed to go. I guess he thought it was OK to have the saw resting on its own coil wire whenever you set it down.

Never occured to them to just sharpen the frecken blade.:msp_confused:

Around here sharpening applies to chains alot!!! Had more then one guy show up complaining his saw won't cut, and the poor saw has a chain on it that looks like it's been used to cut concrete.

Back