Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been snowing all morning , thankfully the ground is warm nuff to melt it ! Getting cold tonight , down to 21* !! This just plain SUCKS !! It was 80* a day ago !!
Looks to be snow for us tonight with 17 wind chill! It really does Suck!!! Winter won't quit!!
Next four days in the 40's and freezin' at night! :cry:

Big rain front just getting here......ran up to do Hoss and put him in under cover....swung down by the shop to check the mail.....had a 910 gasket set sent to me by a member here as I had sent him some 90 gaskets and got the 910E set for basically for the price of the enclosed crank seals and sent me the rest.....Exxcellent!!! Needed another case gasket!! I was opening the package and a friend showed up with a 359 Hooski that I fixed for him 2-3 yrs ago....it had that carb/partition/clamp issue and this was before TreeMonkey figgered out how to fix the walbro so it got the fix at the time...the Zama...and the rest of the intake system...he has been very pleased with the saw ever since.....well...until today...He set it on the bench and said "the clutch just fell off it"....."Ooooo... that sounds like a broken crankshaft" I said......sure enough...snapped off right at the inner end of the threads......bummer....nice running saw....but the chain don't go round any more....

Liar! Haha

I suspect he isn't.....as far as he knows anyway.....cutting brush can create a lot of small shocks to the chain/clutch and being self tightening the clutch could easily get over tightened I suppose....but who knows....rim looked like it was the same one I replaced way back then.....pretty beat/worn now....he would not attempt to change it out himself....so I don't think anyone's been in there....

Ours is finally slowing down. After 2 inches in 8 hours. Yikes.

Got a couple small branches down from the wind, but nothing major. It did drop from a high of 70 today down to 40 right now, high 20s overnight. Nuts.

Big rain front just getting here......ran up to do Hoss and put him in under cover....swung down by the shop to check the mail.....had a 910 gasket set sent to me by a member here as I had sent him some 90 gaskets and got the 910E set for basically for the price of the enclosed crank seals and sent me the rest.....Exxcellent!!! Needed another case gasket!! I was opening the package and a friend showed up with a 359 Hooski that I fixed for him 2-3 yrs ago....it had that carb/partition/clamp issue and this was before TreeMonkey figgered out how to fix the walbro so it got the fix at the time...the Zama...and the rest of the intake system...he has been very pleased with the saw ever since.....well...until today...He set it on the bench and said "the clutch just fell off it"....."Ooooo... that sounds like a broken crankshaft" I said......sure enough...snapped off right at the inner end of the threads......bummer....nice running saw....but the chain don't go round any more....

Them old Hooskies,..still falling apart!!......LOL

Ok so it's been snowing now for an hour. Didn't see that coming. Sticking to the grass and cars, but the streets are just icing over. Gonna be a fun commute in the morning.

Blew and rained sumpin' fierce all night......now the temps dropped to 32 'Merican......and it's snowing....but the wind has let up ...mostly.....not seeing much copper soldering today.....

As in none, dang that`s cold fer this time of year. Just 12C here currently but expected to drop to 8C during the storm. Likely to get colder after the storm passes if the high pressure system sneaks in after the Low passes by, happens up here most times right after a storm passes through.

Blew and rained sumpin' fierce all night......now the temps dropped to 32 'Merican......and it's snowing....but the wind has let up ...mostly.....not seeing much copper soldering today.....
About the same here last night too!! Snowed this morning, but now the suns out and it's blowin'. Cold too with a wind chill of 15! Where's Spring?
Got wife's Tacoma fixed though so now maybe can finally get a sticker! They are going up to $35 July 1st!! What a ripoff!

About the same here last night too!! Snowed this morning, but now the suns out and it's blowin'. Cold too with a wind chill of 15! Where's Spring?
Got wife's Tacoma fixed though so now maybe can finally get a sticker! They are going up to $35 July 1st!! What a ripoff!

Yep Bobby...about the same here...sunny, windy and 34 degrees right now in the heat of the day....supposed to be 22-24 tonight...let the living room stove go out this morning but kept the cookstove going.....be firing the living room one back up before dark!!!!

Latest posts

Back