Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started this morning , I could see my breath LOL

Hey Robin , free wood , nice and dry by now , been there for at least 3 years , just park on the shoulder of the road , load and go .

IMG_20160423_115953.jpg

Hey Danny.......I got some free firewood for you...I'll bring it along when I come up...free......direct to you from the PNW....well maybe not 'zactly direct...been used a little.

Old growth Doug fir......betterer than your pfirr.......dry too.....

Told ya you'd laugh when you saw my GM/Chebby 'mergency frame fix on Christmas Eve. It worked so good that when a week later the rear cross member came apart on both sides, I replicated the fix with two more.....LOL.....:laughing:........:havingarest:
DSC_0161.JPG DSC_0149.JPG DSC_0155.JPG DSC_0156.JPG DSC_0157.JPG

Them wood plugs look great , and did there job well !!

LOL......yep....You like those??!! Turned 'em about 0.040" ovahsized...and drove them home with a 14 lb hammah.....held the old girl together since Christmas...up here we call that kinda work "Gumpin".....she been Gumped......Gumped 'er together, I did....

Actually nothing to weld to.....no room.....no time....Christmas Eve.....that's the best Gump I could come up with right then....had the parts in stock...just had to change the shape from square to round!!!

LOL......yep....You like those??!! Turned 'em about 0.040" ovahsized...and drove them home with a 14 lb hammah.....held the old girl together since Christmas...up here we call that kinda work "Gumpin".....she been Gumped......Gumped 'er together, I did....

Actually nothing to weld to.....no room.....no time....Christmas Eve.....that's the best Gump I could come up with right then....had the parts in stock...just had to change the shape from square to round!!!
I'm proud of that fix!!!!!

Quick and dirty.........

That Robin is a "Most Impressive" fix , "Hoopty" is what the younger generation around here would call it LOL
"That truck is Hoopty"
I did have a 5'x10' utility trailer come in for an inspection a few years ago , it had new springs , axle , tongue and coupler , all nice new lights , tires a glossy dark green and black paint job , it was a thing of beauty .
The fella got mad at when I told him that we couldn't inspect a trailer that had a frame made of 4x4 pt lumber .
Yup , he had a Hoopty trailer .
The frame looks to be good on your truck , the inside flat parts good ?

That Robin is a "Most Impressive" fix , "Hoopty" is what the younger generation around here would call it LOL
"That truck is Hoopty"
I did have a 5'x10' utility trailer come in for an inspection a few years ago , it had new springs , axle , tongue and coupler , all nice new lights , tires a glossy dark green and black paint job , it was a thing of beauty .
The fella got mad at when I told him that we couldn't inspect a trailer that had a frame made of 4x4 pt lumber .
Yup , he had a Hoopty trailer .
The frame looks to be good on your truck , the inside flat parts good ?

Yeah.. not bad......the back end is really thin......not from rust...just made that way....crumple zone thing I guess. But it's solid and straight.....the round cross members are toast as well as the square aft one.....few more pics of progress to date...working towards being non-Hoopty...:cheers:

DSC_0164.JPG DSC_0166.JPG DSC_0171.JPG DSC_0176.JPG DSC_0179.JPG

Latest posts

Back