Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That double headed one is a Marbles , new off the press . LOL One is pose to be a hand forged throwing hatchet ? Big double needs a handle I guess ? LOL

I had my eye on a new double bitted axe head, supposedly never had a handle in it but it got bid up to $560. before I dropped out, would have been sweet but not at that price. Blenkhorn Chief, not many floating around anymore. The big one you have looks interesting.

Got some smurfy fuel line , pose to hold up better in **** fuel we got ? Find out sometime soon .View attachment 500661

That blue line will hold up to some real nasty stuff, my buddy uses that line on printing presses that get some nasty stuff put through them to wash the ink off the print plates and drums. Stuff smells like acetone and lacquer thinners mixed, very volatile and eats rubber gloves for breakfast.

Had a pretty good day today.....got the rear cross member made and fit.....holes cut for wiring and spare tire winch Welded the whole mess in and reached a good stopping point.....then replaced both crank seals in the OH26....passed the pressure/vav tests with flying colors.....new OEM impulse line and 260 fuel line.....as Jerry said step drill is just the ticket to overbore the tank hole.....new air filter......would have completed the whole saw project but found a broken clutch spring when I removed it to change the crank seal.......went scrounging ebay for springs.....ended up buying a perfect as new looking OEM clutch for $12.99 delivered.....springs were $3-5 apiece and $3-4 shipping...cheeper to buy the whole thing and not mess with shoehorning springs on.....

DSC_0180.JPG DSC_0181.JPG DSC_0183.JPG DSC_0184.JPG

Looking good Robin. Need to bring Dad's truck up there to sell. No interest in it locally...picks up his new one on Friday.

It's coming along Jimmy....tomorrow I drop the tank and see what that is hiding......then cut out for the forward cross member. You can see from this truck what we're up against here with the **** they put on the roads......this is the first vehicle I've ever had where the frame gave out before the original exhaust system........Maine is a "Truck" state.....they bring premium prices......used southern/southwestern truck are like gold.......literally....

Good looking job Robin! Our roads kill a vehicle about the same as yours do, rust out is a big problem, only undercoating keeps them a bit longer.

Thank Jerry.......just iron carpentry 'zall......LOL!!!

Once I'm done, I'm gonna take the needle scaler to her.......jitter as much rust as I can out/off it, then a serious coat of brush applied red rustoleum then shoot black top coat followed by two coats of "Fluid Film".....that may buy me enough time to get the daughter out of college....couple more years.....engine be just about broken in by then....but that'll be all that's left........and the worn out tires.....rust never sleeps....

Thank Jerry.......just iron carpentry 'zall......LOL!!!

Once I'm done, I'm gonna take the needle scaler to her.......jitter as much rust as I can out/off it, then a serious coat of brush applied red rustoleum then shoot black top coat followed by two coats of "Fluid Film".....that may buy me enough time to get the daughter out of college....couple more years.....engine be just about broken in by then....but that'll be all that's left........and the worn out tires.....rust never sleeps....

Been a rust rebuilder almost all my life, comes natural up here. Welded a whole lot of frames and actually grafted many rear frames to front half frames, gotta be good at it now to get them past vehicle inspection.

08c3e32b2002e232aac0bb4aef826201.jpg
af6131fc6dac9184b3511084c85118fa.jpg
4585b415b0d632cdd2ceed907352051e.jpg

Dan/Jerry...that saw should be showing up at Dan's shop. Can you look it over and give me the low down about it?

Latest posts

Back