Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Jim....I think I had a saw here you were interested in one time didnt I

You sure did, it was that old Dolmar 123 you had, that was a nice saw. You still tinkering with any of them? You were getting a nice collection going for a little while.

The Jonsered 920 is next, after that we'll see about the 266xp. That 266 is a total basket case with most of the parts gone, so is the 920 but I really want to run that one. Have to be honest with you guys it has become very hard to buy any Stihls around here any more, even the total junkers are over priced. I had a Stihl dealer up here try to sell me a basket case 044 with sloppy bearings and a detroyed p+c for over $200. I like bringing saws back from the dead because it is affordable, I can't do it at those prices.

Think I had most of the parts you need? Guess I got to get mine out too ! LOL

Think I had most of the parts you need? Guess I got to get mine out too ! LOL

I hear ya, always a lot of projects going on. What's hard in your shoes is the amount of projects you have. If you're anything like me, you want to get them all done at once.

Got one of them too ! LOL

Need lots of 143 parts !!

The old Dolmars are very rare to find around here, there just wasn't that many in this area. I was surprised to find the pair of 120si's around here. The newer ones are much easier to find, we have three dealers within 30 miles of me.

The old Dolmars are very rare to find around here, there just wasn't that many in this area. I was surprised to find the pair of 120si's around here. The newer ones are much easier to find, we have three dealers within 30 miles of me.

Anyone around here that sees mine ask what is that? LOL Never have been any around my area?

Amazed I have found 2 Pioneers around here !

Evening all,
Coming in from the shop. Worked on the 075 again tonight. Dang thing didn't want to pull nicely. Took the 051 starter off and the dang thing started with no problems. Now I have to tear the 075 starter off and see what went wrong. Has to be something simple.

The Jonsered 920 is next, after that we'll see about the 266xp. That 266 is a total basket case with most of the parts gone, so is the 920 but I really want to run that one. Have to be honest with you guys it has become very hard to buy any Stihls around here any more, even the total junkers are over priced. I had a Stihl dealer up here try to sell me a basket case 044 with sloppy bearings and a detroyed p+c for over $200. I like bringing saws back from the dead because it is affordable, I can't do it at those prices.

Welcome to my world. I can get you an MS290 blown up for $150???

Anyone around here that sees mine ask what is that? LOL Never have been any around my area?

Amazed I have found 2 Pioneers around here !

There are some Partners kicking around here every now and then. Wife's little brother came up with a real nice Pioneer last winter that is about mint. I think it was an 1100, correct me if I'm wrong Jerry.

Welcome to my world. I can get you an MS290 blown up for $150???

Crazy isn't it? The best place I have found that buy junk Stihls is a dealer who is looking to retire in a couple of years. I can't seem to get out to see him when he's open now that the company slapped GPS on our work vans. I picked up a ms260 and a bunch of other saws one time from that guy for about $100. The ms260 was a real nice project saw that I rebuilt and gave to my FIL so he had a nice light saw that had some power.

You guys sure are quiet tonight?

I am trying to get my daughter to go to bed, fighting a losing battle. I have a little night hawk on my hands, apparently she fell asleep for about an hour today, that's all it takes to keep her up until midnight.

Latest posts

Back