Sure, that'll work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The two zip ties used to secure it are even pinching the fuel line closed, probably why the saw stopped running. People who do things like this are the ones keeping repair shops or manufactures of cheap saws in business. Or giving people like us cheap/free saws to fix up and use.

I had a used saw with weed trimmer line for a recoil rope. Some people should be banned from working on things.
I had an old homelite saw that blew out the fuel tank mount while cutting firewood, only needed a few cuts to fill out the load. I didn't have a spare saw back then so I looked in my tool box and found some rope to tie the tank to the saw and finish the load! I now have multiple saws and take at least 3 saws with me on every job, lesson learned.

I had an old homelite saw that blew out the fuel tank mount while cutting firewood, only needed a few cuts to fill out the load. I didn't have a spare saw back then so I looked in my tool box and found some rope to tie the tank to the saw and finish the load! I now have multiple saws and take at least 3 saws with me on every job, lesson learned.
I rarely take one saw, unless it's just behind my house. I've had it happen to me too many times where my "reliable" saw has some dumb thing break.

Latest posts

Back