Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i hate asking but if i buy new then i will have more into this saw then its worth,,i need a couple of things for my 026,,1st i need an air filter,, blaster dealer wants 35.00 for one and no ky jelly to go with it,,, and i also need either a 3/8 or 325 pitch in 50 gauge and 16",,, i have a 16" stihl bar in 325 63 gauge for trade,, its in decent shape but useable,,, i am not looking for a new filter and bar as long as they are useable,, i also have some of that green toilet paper and i might even have a new box of twinkies too for trade,,, thanks

You can still get that ignition from Stihl. Your customer will need to pony up some $$$. There are quite a few 1115 series saws on the sidelines due to ignition. Working ones are not cheap or terribly easy to find. Not many people here are going to let go of one so someone else can make $.

I tried to convince Greg (Grande dog? sp) from baileys that they would easily sell the 1000 units they have to order for this series but he was not having it... He didn't think that it would be worth the time and money to spend repoping these ign for aftermarket sale. I have 3 of them sitting here waiting on some non-standard clutch side seals and igns... Actually think I got a good 056 ign ganked from me at my GTG this fall... Grrr... Sorry, it being MIA still makes me mad!

Bumped this up in case you didn't see my post earlier Nathan.

yea I think I have one kicking around here... can I get a pic or a link to a pic and I'll go though all my kill switches and see if I have one! PM me what it looks like so I have a reminder. Also which AS member has it and do you have their addy? If I find it I can send it off post haste...

i hate asking but if i buy new then i will have more into this saw then its worth,,i need a couple of things for my 026,,1st i need an air filter,, blaster dealer wants 35.00 for one and no ky jelly to go with it,,, and i also need either a 3/8 or 325 pitch in 50 gauge and 16",,, i have a 16" stihl bar in 325 63 gauge for trade,, its in decent shape but useable,,, i am not looking for a new filter and bar as long as they are useable,, i also have some of that green toilet paper and i might even have a new box of twinkies too for trade,,, thanks

PM me your address and I will send you a air filter the first of the week.

Surprise

Opened a box today and was expecting a 036. It is a MS361, and the guy was calling it a 036. Anybody need one - I'll trade it off.

Here are the good parts:
Engine looks new in the cylinder/piston, upper plastic, handle, brake, clutch, tank/handle and caps, carb/filter, ignition/flywheel, clutch cover, recoil inner wheel and clips, muffler.

Here are the bad:
Left case is chipped out below flywheel, filter cover plastic is cracked, chain adjuster and felling dog are missing, recoil outer shell is cracked and chipped out.

Will trade for a cherry 038, 036 or maybe a really cherry old poulan metal beast.
PM only

028 stuff

Can anyone use this stuff. Plastic from an early 028 and bottom end from a 028 Super. Rod bearing feels smooth and the mains will need to be flushed. Little bit of noise turning it over but the cylinder was scored and removed and it's been sitting this way for a couple of years so it likely has some junk in the bearings.

Scott, I have a new 16" 050 bar. I'll head it your way in the morning.

yea I think I have one kicking around here... can I get a pic or a link to a pic and I'll go though all my kill switches and see if I have one! PM me what it looks like so I have a reminder. Also which AS member has it and do you have their addy? If I find it I can send it off post haste...

Thanks Nathan. I don't have a pic of the switch. Also don't have the saw anymore. The member is atpchas (first name is Charlie). I don't have his mailing address as we've always met a places other than his home and have not shipped anything to each other yet. He lives about 2 hours from me. I'll tell him to contact you.

http://www.arboristsite.com/member.php?u=21290

One thing I do remember is that the switch body is much smaller than the switches I'm used to dealing with on old Homelites. I had the bright idea to use a switch from a parts XL-12, and it was much too large to fit through the hole in the cover. Charlie could tell you the diameter of the hole for the switch. It should have terminals for spade type connectors, and grounds to the top cover (which is mag) when in the 'kill' position.

If seeing the IPL for these saws (Jonsereds 621) would help, then please PM me with your email address and I'll send you one. The IPL has a pretty good illustration of the switch. The switch part number is 504 38 56-02.

Thanks Nathan. I don't have a pic of the switch. Also don't have the saw anymore. The member is atpchas (first name is Charlie). I don't have his mailing address as we've always met a places other than his home and have not shipped anything to each other yet. He lives about 2 hours from me. I'll tell him to contact you.

One thing I do remember is that the switch body is much smaller than the switches I'm used to dealing with on old Homelites. I had the bright idea to use a switch from a parts XL-12, and it was much too large to fit through the hole in the cover. Charlie could tell you the diameter of the hole for the switch. It should have terminals for spade type connectors, and grounds to the top cover (which is mag) when in the 'kill' position.

If seeing the IPL for these saws (Jonsereds 621) would help, then please PM me with your email address and I'll send you one. The IPL has a pretty good illustration of the switch. The switch part number is 504 38 56-02.

My 920 needed a switch like that. I just drilled the sucker out and used a Homelite switch.

Seems Chris and I are the only ones that know is as nobody seems to notice. :laugh:

Thanks for following up on the switch. I picked up a switch that fit in the hole at the local electronics emporium. Tain't authentic, but it works and a swap to a "proper" switch will be really easy.

Can anyone use this stuff. Plastic from an early 028 and bottom end from a 028 Super. Rod bearing feels smooth and the mains will need to be flushed. Little bit of noise turning it over but the cylinder was scored and removed and it's been sitting this way for a couple of years so it likely has some junk in the bearings.

I'm a dumb ***, forgot the pics.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Back