Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trx250r180

Trx250r180

Saw polisher
I thought of that right after I JBweld'd it. :bang:
Do just melt the seam together, or do you use a "filler" plastic as well.

iv'e repaired cracked atv tanks with a soldering iron ,just go slow get the plastic till it all the crack melts ,smooth out as good as can ,and let cool ,no filler was required ,key is to melt the whole crack all the way through ,my snap on butane soldering works nice ,it has a small torch tip that can turn down real low for melting areas back together

nmurph

nmurph

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
I thought of that right after I JBweld'd it. :bang:
Do just melt the seam together, or do you use a "filler" plastic as well.

I ground a round tip into a flat one. I run the tip along the seam, and deep as mentioned. I then make another pass on either side and "plow" the sides over the seam. Then I turn it 90° to the seam and press it into the seam every couple of mm's or so. Then lay the tip flat and smooth it out.

nstueve

nstueve

Makita Freak!
the 46 outer dog is different than the 44 one ,inner's are the same tho ,44 and 66 are the same if that helps

Really? Thought the clutch cover for 046 and 044 would be the same, which would make the bolt spacing the same...

Either way if someone has an 044 set that's what I need.

To add to the plastic tank repair... I bought a craftsman soldiering gun off CL and it came with a big spade tip that sounds like it would work pretty good if the plastic could be fixed like that. It's also easy to control the heat via the trigger...

Trx250r180

Trx250r180

Saw polisher
Really? Thought the clutch cover for 046 and 044 would be the same, which would make the bolt spacing the same...

Either way if someone has an 044 set that's what I need.

To add to the plastic tank repair... I bought a craftsman soldiering gun off CL and it came with a big spade tip that sounds like it would work pretty good if the plastic could be fixed like that. It's also easy to control the heat via the trigger...

the 46 has a bigger oil tank making the inner one more forward ,its not a lot like a bolt hole or so if i remember right ,the 461 is even more forward on rh dog ,i did a lot of measuring helping nate design 461 4 points ,yes clutch covers are same from 024 up to 066

that wide tip should get the job done on the plastic

promac850

promac850

formerly promac610
For sale or trade: 40 bucks, not including shipping Poulan 2500

attachment.php

Good compression, needs a little tinkering to run. Needs a screw in the bootstrap by the A/V spring. Bar and chain can go with it. Your option. I'll take 5 or maybe 8 bucks off if you don't want the b/c.

Good candidate for a top end off of a 3100 or the like. IIRC, they do fit right onto these smaller models' crankcases. Wolf in sheep's clothes... good sleeper if you used the original 2.5 recoil cover.

Trades can be Mac saws other than Mini Macs, the Titan series, and the PM605/610/650 series saws. Or a Pioneer NU-17 or similar parts saw. Or throw something interesting at me.

If you want more pics of this saw, let me know.

Jacob J.
Just puttin out a feeler.... anybody have a good looking 372XP tank? Mine sprung a leak at the upper seam. I grooved it, scored it good, cleaned the piss out of it and have some JBweld drying on it. I should know in a day or two if it will hold up. :msp_unsure:

Ed- when I get back home I have an extra 372 tank for you.

RenaisSAWnceMan

RenaisSAWnceMan

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Need a Mall OMG sprocket cover, IPL, etc....

Looking for a sprocket cover for a Mall OMG saw (with associated hardware, if available), an IPL and any other related literature. May also be interested in other clean parts, a parts saw, etc.

If you have any specific wants....errrrr, sorry 'needs'.....:).....perhaps I have something. Otherwise, fully-unbacked, no-intrinsic-value 'notes' will have to suffice.

{ **Might be interested in a nice, clean Mall 2MG saw....:chainsaw::chainsaw: }

Thanks.

Latest posts