Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For an 036 PRO....Zama C3A-S39A ...(RB-31 , Gnd 21)
Does anyone have couple of small carb parts?

I need a welch plug ( it is the shape of a slice of pie) and a
metering lever spring only.

HAHAHAH....there's about 50 metering lever springs on my garage floor somewhere, if you can find them.....

They can be a PIA.

Anybody have any need for this Homelite C-52? It is missing the air filter cover, recoil, air filter and the choke knob, but I managed to fire it off with the cordless drill, and it runs like a top. Idles great and runs out great. P&C look perfect. Anyways always open to the $$ offer or trade for ???

Hey Wiggs!

Do you want to part it out?? Between Eccentric and I, maybe that would be easier than shipping it complete??

I need the starter cup part of the flywheel if it's good?

Just food for thought......Maybe we can figure out something I've got to trade.

Rob

This is my saw in need.

IMG_4515.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Wiggs!

Do you want to part it out?? Between Eccentric and I, maybe that would be easier than shipping it complete??

Rob

This is my saw in need.

IMG_4515.jpg

Nice C51! You may have a different type of starter than that C52 though (so that cup may not work for you). Homelite used three different starters through the production run of the C-Series saws. They can be swapped within types...................as long as you match the starter assembly with the same style cup/flywheel bits. Actualy........IIRC the late production C72 saws (made into the '80s, well after the C52 and C91 were a distant memory) had the pawl-type starter found on the 1050's and such. That would make four types of starters used on the C-Series.....

I believe the C52/C72 cup shown in Wigglesworth's pic may work with the C5/7/9 starters as I think they're both FM varients. Your C52 may have had the 'overrunning clutch' type starter, with the thin shaft that extends from the flywheel into the starter hardware. Have you removed your starter cover to see what's attached to the flywheel (does it have a cup, a 'flanged' cup like Wigglesworth's, or a shaft)? Somebody more knowledgeable here than me (regarding Homelite C-Series starters) will hopefuly chime in.

The starter cup on that C52 is probably the only part I couldn't use as a spare from Wiggleworth's C52 (well that and the somewhat busted fan shrowd and the 'repaired' clutch cover). If I was to build a 'runner' out of his C52 I'd use the C5 style starter and cup I have laying around for parts commonality.

Mine looks just like the one on Wiggs' saw......To be honest, the old C51 isn't all that interesting to me as a project, but it's so clean, that it's a shame not to make it run again.....Other than bad smelling gas, I'm sure the starter cup is all that's wrong with it.

Having said that, I would probably trade it off for something more interesting (To me)......I know how shipping costs are getting so high on complete saws, that it makes the value of these old girls pretty low and that's why I was thinking about just making it run.

Mine looks just like the one on Wiggs' saw......To be honest, the old C51 isn't all that interesting to me as a project, but it's so clean, that it's a shame not to make it run again.....Other than bad smelling gas, I'm sure the starter cup is all that's wrong with it.

Having said that, I would probably trade it off for something more interesting (To me)......I know how shipping costs are getting so high on complete saws, that it makes the value of these old girls pretty low and that's why I was thinking about just making it run.

Sounds good. Yours must be a later C51. Good thing. The 'overrunning bearing' type starter (which you thankfuly don't have) is an even bigger PITA than the FM type. That's why they went back to the FM system before moving on to the pawl type...

That realy is a pretty C51. There's one near here that I'll probably end up picking up soon. Can't pass up these C-Series. Addicted I guess. If you were closer I'd try to make a deal for yours too (since you're not interested in it). If you've got bad gas in there, then you're probably a flush out, new fuel line (3/16" ID automotive fuel line works great), and carb kit (RK-88HL or DG-5HL) away from C-Series bliss.:cheers:

Hey Wiggs!

Rob

This is my saw in need.

IMG_4515.jpg

Would the starter parts off a plain old C5 i have work for you ??

I believe it would. The C5/7/9 cup is just a cup, with two shallow notches on the outide lip so you can remove the starter and wrap a rope around the cup. Isn't that nice of them? They must've known that the dang FM starters can be cranky.

The C52 (and I guess late C51) cups look to be the same on the inside (where the FM dogs grab), but have a much more substantial outer flange for some unknown reason. I'd have to compare the early and the late cups side by side to know if the 'important' dimentions are close enough.

If there is an ucompatible difference, then you could always use the cup and starter from Ron's C5 parts stash together. The housings sure look the same on the outisde, so maybe you could swap the starter guts from Ron's C5 starter housing to your C51 housing if yours looks better............so you can use his C5 cup. The C5 cup will most likely work with your C51 starter though. I never turn down starter parts for these saws. FM starters can be cranky, and things like the starter dogs are aways welcome to have as spares...:givebeer:

Can't help ya on the welch plug, but I have the spring. Send me a PM.

1953 IEL Super Pioneer. New chain, everything's there. Piston rotates freely with pullcord and bar rotates and engages just like it should.

Apparently rebuilt and repainted around 56-58 and that was the last time it ran.

Trade this and some cash against a 395?

Thanks,
Chad.

1953 IEL Super Pioneer. New chain, everything's there. Piston rotates freely with pullcord and bar rotates and engages just like it should.

Apparently rebuilt and repainted around 56-58 and that was the last time it ran.

Trade this and some cash against a 395?

Thanks,
Chad.

I'm interested in this. I have a 395 and a couple 394s to go through later this month.

.......I have a 395 and a couple 394s to go through later this month.

If you find any other 395 projects, I'm about ready to try one. Wasted top end would be ideal, as I would like to try a BB anyway. I have a fair amount of trading stock, but most of it is modern.

I could probably get you a 394 without a top end and then all the extra goodies to fit a BB 395 top end.

JJ, correct me if i'm wrong, but that would be boot, carb, filter mount, top cover, filtercover (if it's not a late 394) right :D

sry for the hi-jack :spam:

Latest posts

Back