Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JJ, correct me if i'm wrong, but that would be boot, carb, filter mount, top cover, filtercover (if it's not a late 394) right :D

sry for the hi-jack :spam:

You will also need the 395 crank, i believe they are different too.

You don't need the different top cover and filter cover if it's an HD saw. The parts for the conversion are: intake boot + clamp, intake plenum, throttle cable, intake manifold, choke lever, and airbox. You don't need the 395 crank either. You can put a 395/BB395 top end on a 394 chassis. The only real difference between the 394 and 395 cranks is the keyway and taper of the stub shaft for the flywheel. As long as you have the flywheel/crank pair, you can use either in either saw.

Anybody got an inner dawg for a p41 pioneer? I have one for a p40 I could trade, it's too long for the 41 and a bolt hole on the 40 is stripped so I can't use it anyway.

Or I may have something else to trade.

Or green paper.:cheers:

You don't need the different top cover and filter cover if it's an HD saw. The parts for the conversion are: intake boot + clamp, intake plenum, throttle cable, intake manifold, choke lever, and airbox. You don't need the 395 crank either. You can put a 395/BB395 top end on a 394 chassis. The only real difference between the 394 and 395 cranks is the keyway and taper of the stub shaft for the flywheel. As long as you have the flywheel/crank pair, you can use either in either saw.

AH! there's the clarification of the crank differences...:D so no strength issues, etc?

Of course the top cover/filter if HD...that's what I meant :) I was thinking all late-model, just prior to the 395 were all HD. As I KNOW the HD air cleaner covers DO NOT fit the OLDER lower top covers :censored:

throttle cable...never thought of that.

J

Last edited:
Yes they do.

That's right, they do. In fact, the 395 HD filter cover is now the recommended replacement for the HD cover on 394s. The top covers are all the same, except for the early 394s which used a narrow clamping band. Then all that's needed is a little trimming on the new 395 cover.

I've built around 30 394/395 saws, with just about every combination of parts you can imagine.

UGH. me and my (missing) words of importance...

I meant the older low-top cyl covers...

I have a 94 model 394 that the 395 tops do not fit..

but a 99, or 00 model covers swap.

sorry for sounding like a DumbA$$ :monkey:

Ah, so the lower groove on the 395 top is what needs the trimming, if I remember correctly??

JJ--- 30?!? Wow....cool man!

Unless it's EBAY or something, I guess your in the right part of the country, huh? :D

Can't wait till my piston comes in!!!

J

Last edited:
Anyone got any Sachs Dolmar 133 parts, need a clutch side cover and chain brake lever setup, choke pull lever, bar nuts, airfilter top cover and could use a trigger module. Got lots of parts saws or green stuff.
Pioneerguy600

Hey JJ I know something you forgot, At least on the one I did. I put a 395 top on a 394 and there are two long studs and two regular size studs that holds the cylinder. On the 394 the studs (bolts) are all one size. Mike
PS JJ I have your stuff when fire season is over.

Hey JJ I know something you forgot, At least on the one I did. I put a 395 top on a 394 and there are two long studs and two regular size studs that holds the cylinder. On the 394 the studs (bolts) are all one size. Mike
PS JJ I have your stuff when fire season is over.

Mike- That's right. If I remember right though they're the same thread pitch and pattern, a guy just has to make sure he uses the longer bolts on the rear two holes so's the threads in the case aren't stripped out.

I'm looking forward to coming down when things get slow here.

394 Parts

Hey JJ
Do you have an extra coil for a 394 laying around. I think mine went out on me, went to start it and no spark.
I have tried everything I can think of, but I just can't get any fire to it.

Thanks,
Chuck

Anyone got any Sachs Dolmar 133 parts, need a clutch side cover and chain brake lever setup, choke pull lever, bar nuts, airfilter top cover and could use a trigger module. Got lots of parts saws or green stuff.
Pioneerguy600

Jerry,

I might have the last 4 items...part #'s??

I don't have a clutch side cover, but I do have a Clutch case-side :D :clap:

Jay

Jerry,

I might have the last 4 items...part #'s??

I don't have a clutch side cover, but I do have a Clutch case-side :D :clap:

Jay

I don`t have an IPL for this saw yet and lost the link I once had to look them up online, there was a great site to look up a lot of the Sachs Dolmar IPL`s, just can`t find it anymore.
Pioneerguy600

I don`t have an IPL for this saw yet and lost the link I once had to look them up online, there was a great site to look up a lot of the Sachs Dolmar IPL`s, just can`t find it anymore.
Pioneerguy600

Jerry, I have a couple Dolmar cut-off saws, any chance some of those parts will work?

Swap 288xp

Hey I wanna trade a running 288xp ( that still needs a few touch ups) For a stihl 036 or a 044 would also consider trading for the parts necessary to upgrade my 034 to a 036, pm me if any one wants a 288xp

Hey I wanna trade a running 288xp ( that still needs a few touch ups) For a stihl 036 or a 044 would also consider trading for the parts necessary to upgrade my 034 to a 036, pm me if any one wants a 288xp

pm sent

Back