Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an old Skil 944 Type-1 (built by Frontier) 30-ish cc top-handle that I'd trade for a Poulan 25 or Homelite Super E-Z "project saw" or something else interesting. If you have bulk chain and can spin up a couple of loops for me, then that'd work too...

If you're interested in it, I will put a carb kit and lines in it and clean it up. You'd probably want to put a loop of chain on it...

Aaron, you want an xl-1? Pops on a prime. I don't care if you want it or not, I'm sending it. It's been in my shed too long, someone might as well enjoy it. Tradesies for that yellow one you got.

I may have some other stuff too.

It's a dealio...

Aaron, you want an xl-1? Pops on a prime. I don't care if you want it or not, I'm sending it. It's been in my shed too long, someone might as well enjoy it. Tradesies for that yellow one you got.

I may have some other stuff too.

You talkin' about my yellow Remington SL-9/Wards PK 2.8, or this little Skil/Frontier? The Remington/Wards has your name on it regardless. You want the little Skil/Frontier jobbie? It was made in B.C...:clap:

Go ahead and that XL-1. If you've got any good XL-1/Super E-Z and/or XL12/SXL P/C sets then I'd be interested in 'em too.

You talkin' about my yellow Remington SL-9/Wards PK 2.8, or this little Skil/Frontier? The Remington/Wards has your name on it regardless. You want the little Skil/Frontier jobbie? It was made in B.C...:clap:

Go ahead and that XL-1. If you've got any good XL-1/Super E-Z and/or XL12/SXL P/C sets then I'd be interested in 'em too.

That little frontier is probably the same as my P-12. I was talking about the remington though. I'm still gathering stuff up for you brother...

I also got a little 2000 poulan tophandle that runs, but not very well. It's got a chainbrake too...

Last edited:
That little frontier is probably the same as my P-12. I was talking about the remington though. I'm still gathering stuff up for you brother...

I also got a little 2000 poulan tophandle that runs, but not very well. It's got a chainbrake too...

10-4. The Remington/Wards is yours. No big rush on the 'gathering'. I've never seen a Micro with a chainbrake. Sounds cool. I currently don't have any Micro series Poulans in the stable.

Got any XXV Poulans with a chainbrake? You guys up north got CB versions of saws that were seldom sold with CB's here. I've seen Great White North pics of Poulan 3400's, Poulan XXV's, and Homelite XL-1's with CB's.

10-4. The Remington/Wards is yours. No big rush on the 'gathering'. I've never seen a Micro with a chainbrake. Sounds cool. I currently don't have any Micro series Poulans in the stable.

Got any XXV Poulans with a chainbrake? You guys up north got CB versions of saws that were seldom sold with CB's here. I've seen Great White North pics of Poulan 3400's, Poulan XXV's, and Homelite XL-1's with CB's.

Aaron,

I have a S25DA Poulan Pro with a chain brake :D cool stuff :D

and i'm in MA.. :dunno:

I have a Macluckalallauch mini Mac with a break too... :D :laugh:

No xxv's but I have seen them here. We had chainbrakes well before you guys did for sure. I've never seen an xl-1 with a brake, but the super mini with a/v had one.

Aaron,

A mini mac with no brake would be unusable! Thats what I seem to always use for a handle when I pick one up. Which isn't that often!!!

Aaron,

Cool Jay. Is it yellow/black? You got one of the 'seldom sold in the US' CB equipped Poulan 25's. Maybe it's an illegal alien...:hmm3grin2orange:

The "US resident" CB equipped old Poulans and Homelites that I've seen pics of all reside near the northern border and/or on the east coast.

No xxv's but I have seen them here. We had chainbrakes well before you guys did for sure. I've never seen an xl-1 with a brake, but the super mini with a/v had one.

A mini mac with no brake would be unusable! Thats what I seem to always use for a handle when I pick one up. Which isn't that often!!!

I believe the CB equipped XL-1 I saw pics of resides somewhere in the Great Lakes area. Now that you mention it, I believe it was actually a VI Super-Mini SL.

Acres' listing for the VI Super-Mini SL:
Model Profile: VI SUPER MINI SL

Jay only mentioned the mini-mac with the CB and the mispelled McCulloch name as a dig at me. Mini-macs, and all the "Mackullogh" type mispellings of "McCulloch" on ebay and CL are known irritants for Aaron...

McCulloch sold the first mini-macs (such as the PM6 and PM35) without brakes. I have about 1.5 mini-macs that I could send you if you really want 'em. One's complete and assembled, but is has a broken CB handle and probably a smoked cylinder. I think it's a 110. The other is a low-hours 130 (I think) that's partially disassembled. It needs a carb, fuel tank, and some fasteners.

The engine's almost new. Has a good P/C and a yellow plastic carrying case. Guy gave it to me decades ago after he used it a few times and put it up with gas in it. Worst fuel tank and carb gumming I've ever seen. The tank and carb ended up getting thrown away. Between the two saws, a runnner could be made with some patience, a carb kit, and some lines. Heavy on the patience. If you really want 'em, I'll search for the box that has the disassembled saw and box the whole mess up for you. I'm no fan of the mini-macs, and I probably won't get to that project until the year 2043 or so....

was wondering if anyone has a small saw. can be a wildthingy even. i need something to throw in my truck box. i don't care what it looks like as long as it starts and runs. i might be able to dig a few things up to trade or i might be able to talk the wife out of a few bucks...

got one coming from tbone75,,,did some trading for it,,,

Cool Jay. Is it yellow/black? You got one of the 'seldom sold in the US' CB equipped Poulan 25's. Maybe it's an illegal alien...:hmm3grin2orange:

The "US resident" CB equipped old Poulans and Homelites that I've seen pics of all reside near the northern border and/or on the east coast.

I believe the CB equipped XL-1 I saw pics of resides somewhere in the Great Lakes area. Now that you mention it, I believe it was actually a VI Super-Mini SL.

Acres' listing for the VI Super-Mini SL:
Model Profile: VI SUPER MINI SL

Jay only mentioned the mini-mac with the CB and the mispelled McCulloch name as a dig at me. Mini-macs, and all the "Mackullogh" type mispellings of "McCulloch" on ebay and CL are known irritants for Aaron...

McCulloch sold the first mini-macs (such as the PM6 and PM35) without brakes. I have about 1.5 mini-macs that I could send you if you really want 'em. One's complete and assembled, but is has a broken CB handle and probably a smoked cylinder. I think it's a 110. The other is a low-hours 130 (I think) that's partially disassembled. It needs a carb, fuel tank, and some fasteners.

The engine's almost new. Has a good P/C and a yellow plastic carrying case. Guy gave it to me decades ago after he used it a few times and put it up with gas in it. Worst fuel tank and carb gumming I've ever seen. The tank and carb ended up getting thrown away. Between the two saws, a runnner could be made with some patience, a carb kit, and some lines. Heavy on the patience. If you really want 'em, I'll search for the box that has the disassembled saw and box the whole mess up for you. I'm no fan of the mini-macs, and I probably won't get to that project until the year 2043 or so....

Aaron, friends don't send friends mini-macs.:msp_smile:

Unusable, but not un-throwable.

Guys I'm still looking for some kind of project saw. Prefer it to be a little modern but open to about anything. PM me if ya got something to get rid of.

Guys I'm still looking for some kind of project saw. Prefer it to be a little modern but open to about anything. PM me if ya got something to get rid of.

I'm not going to waste PM space for either of us............but I do have the afforementioned mini-mac "box of frustration" as well as that tiny Skil/Frontier top handle....

Aaron, friends don't send friends mini-macs.:msp_smile:

Well Chris..............that's why I said "if you really want 'em"...:jester:

You sounded like you actually use the damn things. I've been trying to get rid of mine for years. A second one snuck in with a group of Homelites and that Remington/Wards I'm sending you.

I'm not going to waste PM space for either of us............but I do have the afforementioned mini-mac "box of frustration" as well as that tiny Skil/Frontier top handle....

You sounded like you actually use the damn things. I've been trying to get rid of mine for years. A second one snuck in with a group of Homelites and that Remington/Wards I'm sending you.

Cris collecting Mini Mac's now ??
good !! after i send him the 1/2 dozen or so i have and you send him yours he will be happy for awhile ! :)
Now everybody knows where to get rid of them,, hhmmm,,, got his AD here someplace ?

I had one when I was a kid many years ago Aaron. One per lifetime is enough for any man.:msp_biggrin:

Cris collecting Mini Mac's now ??
good !! after i send him the 1/2 dozen or so i have and you send him yours he will be happy for awhile ! :)
Now everybody knows where to get rid of them,, hhmmm,,, got his AD here someplace ?

AARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH.................no no no no ,,, step away from the mailbox!!!!:msp_scared:

I would relieve you of that 5000 partner, however......heh heh.

You ever thought of running a add in your local Craigslist? Worked real well for me. I don't do it anymore though, too many saws just seem to find me.

I've done it many times and nothing ever came of it. Some of the calls would be from 2-3 hours away and that is not going to happen for a saw to tinker with.

I've got a few replies on here and just waiting for the bugs to be worked out.

Still looking for more projects though.:D

Back