Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd trade you a 011av for any Macs you got up there!

Maybe a Super 250?

Chris

How can you tell the super from the non if you think someone may have changed the cover? I picked up a 250 just the other day. It came with a couple of other saws in a deal. Now I need to find it a new home. Just want to make sure what it is.
Bob

Ok, update on my last batch of goodies. Everything is pending on them.
Now for tonight. I am tossing up a big Olympic 485. Has a crack in teh clutch cover and no spark. But, here is the cool thing it pulls 185 lbs of compression. Paints faded but good sound shape.
Next for you Jred fan and poulan pro fans I have a new piston and rings for a 2083/505. Its 54 mm.
Later
Bob

How can you tell the super from the non if you think someone may have changed the cover? I picked up a 250 just the other day. It came with a couple of other saws in a deal. Now I need to find it a new home. Just want to make sure what it is.
Bob

The number on the crankcase should be different, I do believe. The number stamped on the regular 250 should say 62481. I'm not quite positive on the super as of yet.

If it isn;t a regular 250 you may have my interest.

Keep this fella posted.

Chris

Bob

The "regular" 250 has the 62481 block number Chris mentioned. A Super 250 has block number 83830.

I'd trade you a 011av (and a Poulan 245A project) :D for any Macs you got up there!

Maybe a Super 250?

Chris

The Super 250 project I have now stays here my friend. It was gifted to me on the condition that I get it going and enjoy it. The "possible" second S-250 Jacob mentioned is a no-go so far. Guy hasn't returned my email. A guy listed an SP-60 on CL, but deleted the ad right as I clicked the link to email him. Link didn't work, and when I searched for the listing again it was gone. Bad timing. I was going to grab a $25 PM610 for you, but it sold before I could reach him. Cheap saws are moving fast right now on CL. In the last two days, at least a dozen listings came and went in a flash.

As for the Macs I have to send you right now...............theres' still that "regular" 250 I have and the 300 I'm picking up soon. Also got a mini-mac "box of frustration" that I could send to you instead of hiding them in Randy's shop...:laugh:

The "regular" 250 has the 62481 block number Chris mentioned. A Super 250 has block number 83830.

The Super 250 project I have now stays here my friend. It was gifted to me on the condition that I get it going and enjoy it. The "possible" second S-250 Jacob mentioned is a no-go so far. Guy hasn't returned my email. A guy listed an SP-60 on CL, but deleted the ad right as I clicked the link to email him. Link didn't work, and when I searched for the listing again it was gone. Bad timing. I was going to grab a $25 PM610 for you, but it sold before I could reach him. Cheap saws are moving fast right now on CL. In the last two days, at least a dozen listings came and went in a flash.

As for the Macs I have to send you right now...............theres' still that "regular" 250 I have and the 300 I'm picking up soon. Also got a mini-mac "box of frustration" that I could send to you instead of hiding them in Randy's shop...:laugh:

Aaron,

I think if you were to send me a "box of frustration" I think I would send you a "box of scored MS290 pistons" as retaliation. I'm sure I could work up a PisSXL too, if you would prefer.

:laugh:

I'm just messing with you, my friend, you know that. I'm probably going to hold off for that 300, or if something else cool pops up.

No 610s please! I have one good runner and one that needs put back together.

Chris

Mastermind

Randy,will take a better pic of whats left after Jay went thru it..
did yiou need the throttle linkage also ? somebody asked about that.

attachment.php

A throttle linkage is no worry. I can find that!!!!

Here's my need list.

Everything from the jug back.

Muffler and brace.

Recoil and shroud.

Clutch cover with brake.

Coil.

It's a lot to get this saw going again, but heck, I need a closed port 55. :D

Looking for a bar plate for a Stihl 015

I'm looking for a bar guide plate for a Stihl 015. If anyone can help out please PM.

Thanks in advance,
MP5N

was wondering if anyone has a small saw. can be a wildthingy even. i need something to throw in my truck box. i don't care what it looks like as long as it starts and runs. i might be able to dig a few things up to trade or i might be able to talk the wife out of a few bucks...

was wondering if anyone has a small saw. can be a wildthingy even. i need something to throw in my truck box. i don't care what it looks like as long as it starts and runs. i might be able to dig a few things up to trade or i might be able to talk the wife out of a few bucks...

I have about a dozen.What would you like LOL

Got a grey echo cs460/cs4600? not sure of the model number right now. But, the kill wire wore into a grounded it out. So, kill wire needs replaced and the carb gone through. I will pull a compression test later. Also a 645 Solo. needs fuel line. Will run on a full tank. But suck air once the fuel level gets down.
Bob

project

i would like to get a jred project saw , would like it to be in the 60cc range , I have a, in good running condition a stihl 028 av super with bar and chain i would trade , let me know if u have anyhting

Anyone interested in a little ms230? It's in good shape, hasn't been used for awhile. I had it running the other day, works fine, I just don't use it, or need it. 16'', .325.

I'll get a compression reading and some pics if anyone is interested.

I would rather trade than sell. I really like pioneers and pioneer parts, larger p series, or.....??

Got a grey echo cs460/cs4600? not sure of the model number right now. But, the kill wire wore into a grounded it out. So, kill wire needs replaced and the carb gone through. I will pull a compression test later. Also a 645 Solo. needs fuel line. Will run on a full tank. But suck air once the fuel level gets down.
Bob

pm sent

Oil-lite bronze bushing.

9/16" O.D. x 3/8" I.D. x 1/2" long. Pilot bore of 1/4" or 5/16" would be better as I need to finish ream it undersize.

Need it for a Homie Super 2 clutch sprocket/drum that the crank has been worn undersize by .010". I don't want to change the crankshaft.

Misc small Poulan parts to trade or crumpled green.

they are different on the IPL's but they look close enough. I only see a cosmetic difference for the most part?

correct, JUST cosmetic... BUT if you had a 372 brake handle ON A J-red, it'd be BLASPHEMY , I'd have to :laugh: @ you... I gotta say, not something I'd expect from somewhat of a purist, but hey, what ever works :D :poke:

Randy,will take a better pic of whats left after Jay went thru it..
did yiou need the throttle linkage also ? somebody asked about that.

attachment.php

Thanks Ron :clap:, for the box of junk :D :clap: I wanted to make sure we had enough left for you to negotiate some good stuff out of other guys :D

I have an old Skil 944 Type-1 (built by Frontier) 34.4 cc top-handle that I'd trade for a Poulan 25 or Homelite Super E-Z "project saw" or something else interesting. If you have bulk chain and can spin up a couple of loops for me, then that'd work too...

If you're interested in it, I will put a carb kit and lines in it and clean it up. You'd probably want to put a loop of chain on it...

Acres' listing for the Skil 944 Type-1:

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...b53cd8655dad04c7882570ab0012bac8?OpenDocument

Frontier F35. Same basic saw (the one in the back of the pic, not the V.I.P.), but the Skil version is a yellow/green:

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...953ece454bf8a35288256b8b0053b336?OpenDocument

Last edited:
Back