Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regarding postal carriers, this study was in Popular Mechanics a little while ago:

Shipping Company Reviews – Best Package Shipping Company - Popular Mechanics

The oddest thing I've ever experienced with USPS Parcel Post was an ms260 I shipped to the Virgin Islands that took 3 months to get there!

Also, I have a Stihl 025, in excellent running and cosmetic (minus the fact that the plate on top that says "025" is missing) condition, that I don't need. And lots and lots of parts.

I'm always looking for 70cc Macs, Partner p100/McCulloch pm1000 parts/saws. And I really need a Shindaiwa 575 clutch cover.

Lombard AL-42 piston and rings

I know its a long shot, but looking for a piston and rings for a Lombard AL-42. Got a few things to trade and dead presidents.

I know its a long shot, but looking for a piston and rings for a Lombard AL-42. Got a few things to trade and dead presidents.

Might you have a picture of it and measurements? I have a few pistons from some older saws laying around. I might find one that would work for you.

Just got done putting rings in a Comango and an AP-42 type. Nothing wrong with what I took out except gap was .020". (Rings are notched for locator pin.)

I got the new rings off evilbay from "The Greek". Produced the same .020" gap so no real improvement in comp..

I am babysitting a 'Lombard in a Milk Crate' for a friend that has a real nice piston. But, I'll have to ask Dan if he wants to peddel it.

Anyone have a decent or fixable 32"ish bar that'll fit my jonny 2166? I want to use it for milling, so length isn't too particular, neither is weight.

You're going to need more saw than that to mill with, especially with that size bar.

My thoughts exactly.

I'd use that saw for a milling rig, if I was using a 16" bar, tops. I'm not trying to be obnoxious, just giving my $.02.

I like canting with my Partner p100, and then slapping an 18" bar on it for slabbing.

It's undergone the 2172 mod, and will have a muffler mod shortly.

I'm also not cutting more than about 20" - I want the extra length for clearance.

Got a 36" lined up. :)

The saw mill will be temporary until I get my bandsaw mill done and installed. I still may pull the trigger on a 920 I know of to mill with, but I need some more money first.

Might you have a picture of it and measurements? I have a few pistons from some older saws laying around. I might find one that would work for you.

I actually just gave it back to the customer yesterday after I got it running. I put a carb kit in it for him and a new fuel line. I didn't even notice it was in bad shape til I was showing it to another coworker and how it didn't really have a muffler. I looked in the so called muffler and saw the piston was scored. Since it wouldn't run when I got it, it is hard to tell how it happened. He likes to "tinker" with stuff and I would say he leaned it out too much, but who knows. I told him not to mess with the adjuster screws because it was difficult to adjust and I had it just right.

Just got done putting rings in a Comango and an AP-42 type. Nothing wrong with what I took out except gap was .020". (Rings are notched for locator pin.)

I got the new rings off evilbay from "The Greek". Produced the same .020" gap so no real improvement in comp..

I am babysitting a 'Lombard in a Milk Crate' for a friend that has a real nice piston. But, I'll have to ask Dan if he wants to peddel it.

Thanks man, just let me know.

No poasts here in hours. :msp_sneaky:

I need a lawn tractor. Older Cub Cadet......Wheel Horse.....something made to last is what I'm seeking.

I have a freshly rebuilt 064 to trade.

Latest posts

Back