Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've still got this 038 chain brake handle here. It looks like new, even the warning sticker is perfect. No one here needs it???

I'll hang on to it until tonight then it's going on ebay.

I'm still looking for a coil and a brake flag for a Husqvarna 50/51/55 if anyone has one to spare.

Just got a filter elbow so now lacking only the air conductor (the thing Stihl calls a 'segment'). With any luck the cylinder will clean up. Just have to wait and see when it gets here. $45 is cheap enuff to part it out if I lose interest anyway :D

I think the 385 chain brake system is the same; have not verified that by P/N just yet. I know the brake handle is the same. I'm hoping 'cause I've got 3 complete brake assy's from 385's.

Jimbo

the 385 brake handle LOOKS the same, but is wider. different part #. ask me how I know ;)

if you lose interest, don't be afraid to PM. I wish I had EXTRA of those... other parts, YES...

I've still got this 038 chain brake handle here. It looks like new, even the warning sticker is perfect. No one here needs it???

I'm still looking for a coil and a brake flag for a Husqvarna 50/51/55 if anyone has one to spare.

I don't have a need for the 038 brake handle, BUT I MIGHT be able to take care of the other parts. man, I gotta get organized! lol :dizzy:

J

I've got a Stihl 009L that I would part ways with. Runs great, but I have no use for it anymore.

Im looking for a good pro husky builder saw for a friend. Trade on the 009L or I have a few bills too.

Guy from Vietnam looking for 038 stuff in another thread. :)

ugh...

I need some MISC parts for a few husky saws..

anyone part out some saws and have misc fasteners?? :bowdown:

I need recoil screws and muffler bolts/gasket/plate for a 50-55 husky

decent 266xp top cover

272xp filter through intake....

got lots to trade, and some moldy paper....

:D

the 385 brake handle LOOKS the same, but is wider. different part #. ask me how I know ;)

if you lose interest, don't be afraid to PM. I wish I had EXTRA of those... other parts, YES...

J

You're right about the brake handle; different P/N :(

But I was right about the brake mechanism; every single part the same 'tween 372 and 385, even the brake cover. So just the flag is different.

jimbo

decent 266xp top cover

Is there something special about the screws? Are they just 5mm metric socket head? Did you know that 10-32 is a just about perfect interchange with the common 5mm metric screws?

For the long Husky muffler bolts I usually make them myself as studs with nuts. Some of my studs have been working for years with no problems. Jut keep the right size rod stock on hand and a die and die wrench. Takes about 5 minutes to make one stud.

Jimbo

decent 266xp top cover

PM sent

Is there something special about the screws? Are they just 5mm metric socket head? Did you know that 10-32 is a just about perfect interchange with the common 5mm metric screws?

For the long Husky muffler bolts I usually make them myself as studs with nuts. Some of my studs have been working for years with no problems. Jut keep the right size rod stock on hand and a die and die wrench. Takes about 5 minutes to make one stud.

Jimbo

Jim, the 50-55, as well as some other husky saws use a square head bolt that inserts into the cylinder and the muffler slips on.

ALSO, I think they are std 4 or 5mm bolts, but are a phillips head, AND I have a couple REALLY clean saws that I'd like to not be HACKED together ;)

I understand your point, though :)

me too!! :cheers:

i still have some poulan 3400 to 3800 parts for this 3800 poulan i got.and also got some poulan xxv parts too minus the carb and piston and cylinder

Jim, the 50-55, as well as some other husky saws use a square head bolt that inserts into the cylinder and the muffler slips on.

ALSO, I think they are std 4 or 5mm bolts, but are a phillips head, AND I have a couple REALLY clean saws that I'd like to not be HACKED together ;)

I understand your point, though :)

me too!! :cheers:

Get your ass up here this weekend and you can have the 50. It has those bolts you talk about. I know cause i took off the muffler.

Nobody has a rev limited 365/372/385 coil kicking around?

Looks like I'll have to go on the bay :mad:

Back