Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a new 026 filter without the latch and a tall tank vent, I believe this is the early 026 setup. Problem is i have a 260 filter cover. I need to swap the vent/filter for a later setup that has a short vent and a filter with the latch on it. Can anyone help me with this?

the problem is you can't just switch tank vents to a shorter version. You have to put an adapter on that allows the switch to gas line type vent that you put 2 air lock screws in...

this link will explain what you need for the swap. same as the swap from the 034 to 036pro swap.
http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/207926.htm

these pieces are easy enough to buy through stihl for a few bucks. I used a small piece of tygon and the screw inserts and adapter that tony suggests.

the problem is you can't just switch tank vents to a shorter version. You have to put an adapter on that allows the switch to gas line type vent that you put 2 air lock screws in...

this link will explain what you need for the swap. same as the swap from the 034 to 036pro swap.
http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/207926.htm

these pieces are easy enough to buy through stihl for a few bucks. I used a small piece of tygon and the screw inserts and adapter that tony suggests.

Thank you very much for this info. I am not familiar on all the Stihl particulars. :)

Poulan Forester 3300 Piston / Cylinder

Hi - I'm looking for a piston / cylinder that would work for a Poulan Forester 3300. I am a Stihl guy with mostly Stihl parts. I'm trying to help out and 80 yr old friend who won't give up his Poulan.

To trade, I have parts for 034-036, 361, and some for an 038 and some other misc parts and of course cash.

I could also use a little advice. This saw looks to be well built - are they good saws?
If I can't find a good used P/C, are they worth spending the money on for new?

Thanks in advance...

Hi - I'm looking for a piston / cylinder that would work for a Poulan Forester 3300. I am a Stihl guy with mostly Stihl parts. I'm trying to help out and 80 yr old friend who won't give up his Poulan.

To trade, I have parts for 034-036, 361, and some for an 038 and some other misc parts and of course cash.

I could also use a little advice. This saw looks to be well built - are they good saws?
If I can't find a good used P/C, are they worth spending the money on for new?

Thanks in advance...

Yes good saws IMO and p+c kit should be under $100 new.

My dad bought one new in the mid to late 80's. Still going strong and even gave me back the like new MS290 I gave him once. Said he preferred the 3300. Dont blame him one bit.

Chromed piston and bare cylinder on 3300.

New 3300 parts so you know.

530010986 KIT PISTON $37

530012373 CYLINDER 3.3 $45

Really? That's awesome. I may have to invest in a set cause used one are almost that much on the bay.

I get confused when dealing with this series vs the pro models, will a PP330 topend fit? If it will shoot me a pm......

I get confused when dealing with this series vs the pro models, will a PP330 topend fit? If it will shoot me a pm......

I'd love confirmation on this too. I believe the 3300 is plain bore, chrome piston, but I may be wrong. It should bolt right on a 335 instead of its chrome bore, plain piston. I think....... JJ..... What's the real deal?

The 330 has differences.

I'd love confirmation on this too. I believe the 3300 is plain bore, chrome piston, but I may be wrong. It should bolt right on a 335 instead of its chrome bore, plain piston. I think....... JJ..... What's the real deal?

The 330 has differences.

I don't know about all the different variations of those models but I put a 3300 top end on a 305 and it is a great running little saw!

All of you guys who don't want those plain bore top ends can shoot me a P.M. and I'll give you an address to send them to!

Mike

The 330 has differences.

Yep a 335 will as well as a 305 or 3000 and are all chrome bore.

The 330 cyl will not bolt on the case of those I listed above as wll as the 3300.

6800i

Long shot but does anyone happen to have a Dolmar 6800i or Makita 6800 piston and/or cylinder. I believe that the Dolmar 120Si also fits the same... My 6800i is only blowing 120psi and some scoring on the exhaust side. Might clean up and might not... PM ME if you have a good jug and/or slug!

Parts and $$$ to trade...
nathan

Yep a 335 will as well as a 305 or 3000 and are all chrome bore.

The 330 cyl will not bolt on the case of those I listed above as wll as the 3300.

What about a 365 cylinder?

I am in need of a brake band for a Dolmar 116Si. Also 112, 113, 114, 117 119, 120, 6000 and 6800 will fit. Willing to trade or got $$$.

Al.

372 parts

I'm looking for any of the following 372 stuff-

3 AV springs
Kill switch and wiring harness
Operator presence lever
Fuel tank vent
All the oil pump stuff from the suction line to the discharge line. Everything to do with getting bar oil from the tank to the bar
All the chain brake stuff except the brake band and handle
Clutch cover

Latest posts

Back