Take a Look at This Forecast:

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not too cold here at this time but we are having an Ice Storm. Sleet will be following it and then snow ending sometime tomorrow.

I sure am glad I've got plenty of wood stacked close to the front door.

Nosmo

Yeah, that one looks meaner than a shaved and spanked Badger.

I don't mind ass deep snow and 70mph winds at sub zero temps, but Ice storms just suck.

Get the chains on the tires, fuel everything up including the saws, Fill up the water cans, start a pot of stove beans and hunker down.

Post when ya can.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

We got that ice last weekend, I've heard between 2000 and 6000 electric poles broken. Our power stayed on though, all our poles were replaced about 8 yrs ago and I'm only 3 miles from a sub station, so I was lucky. I've got several lineman friends, but haven't been able to talk to them all week, they're working day an night all over eastern SD. The young ones like the $$$. The old ones can't wait to retire. -15 forcast for tonight, been very cold all week, supposed to be a nice weekend, we could use it.

DY said, "Yeah, that one looks meaner than a shaved and spanked Badger."
-----------------
I cannot imagine anything meaner than that. Anyone who has had to wrestle with a badger would likely agree. They remind me of a giant weasel crossed with a wolverine. Gasp! :dizzy:

DY said, "Yeah, that one looks meaner than a shaved and spanked Badger."
-----------------
I cannot imagine anything meaner than that. Anyone who has had to wrestle with a badger would likely agree. They remind me of a giant weasel crossed with a wolverine. Gasp! :dizzy:

That's pretty much what they are. All 3 are members of the weasel fam.

Just spent a week in San Antonio. It was so nice to eat dinner outside at night and not wear jackets. I came home yesterday to 3F and an OWB almost chock full of charcoal. It will take an entire weekend of raking to burn that down. Like I've said before, nobody will take care of your stuff the way you like it but you. I am very grateful for the help and will not complain but my helpers went through almost an entire cord of wood and it was warm here (50s) almost all week. I would have gotten 2 weeks out of that.

Freak Storms

Most of the East Coast is now getting clobbered by a big storm that completely missed Southeastern Nebraska and Iowa but hammered Kansas. Tennessee was also naliled. I'm not sure how often that happens, but it did.

The USA winter weather pattern this year has been something else. Meteorologists are baffled by it.:bowdown:

It,s 19 deg. and 8 in. of snow fell here in N.C. Were not used to ths kind of cold and snow. The cold weather is one thing but the snow just throws everybody for a loop.

Latest posts

Back