Tell me about this chainsaw...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as mods go, what is the easiest to do to this saw?

A guy is lookign at buying a 372 and the dam 361 comes up??? WTF, dam stupid saw, 361 probably wont cut it anyway, if he wants to run a 24" bar on it. 372 whoops the 361 here.

Since you don't have any cutting to do...Send it to me. I've got more cutting to do than I'll get done in the next 5 years. I'll keep it warm for you and when you need it back, just use my last known address.:greenchainsaw:

A guy is lookign at buying a 372 and the dam 361 comes up??? WTF, dam stupid saw, 361 probably wont cut it anyway, if he wants to run a 24" bar on it. 372 whoops the 361 here.

Could I get that in English?

I've been looking for chainsaw capable of adequately running a 24" bar, and I think I found one today. Its a Husqvarna 372XP, and is in pretty good condition. Anyone have any experience with these saws, and what can you tell me about them? My other saws are a couple 61's and a Stihl MS210, so what can I expect with the 372? Thanks!
QUOTE]

If your 372xp runs as good as it looks you will be a happy man.
As far as price, the dealer I do some business with here wanted $789.00
for a 20" bar 372xp out the door back in November 2007.
Congrats on your good fortune and enjoy,
Longwood

372 is a great saw and a lot of people will frown but it is only a 20" hardwood saw. If you want a 24" hardwood saw you should step up to a ms 460 or 7900. I mean the 372 will cut with a 24", just not with authority.

372 is a great saw and a lot of people will frown but it is only a 20" hardwood saw. If you want a 24" hardwood saw you should step up to a ms 460 or 7900. I mean the 372 will cut with a 24", just not with authority.
Id say it is probbly best with 20" bar also but it will pull a 24"bar decent also as long as you dont take to much off th rakers and use full chisel chain. The only time i use this set up is on really steep ground but it does work. The ms 460 will pull a 24" better . :cheers:

372's are just plain awesome saws. Get a oregon powermatch 20 or 24" bar for it, you will be much happier and so will the saw.:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Id say it is probbly best with 20" bar also but it will pull a 24"bar decent also as long as you dont take to much off th rakers and use full chisel chain. The only time i use this set up is on really steep ground but it does work. The ms 460 will pull a 24" better . :cheers:

:p x10

Could I get that in English?

LOL, sorry, if you've been on this site long enough you would of understood what I meant.

The 361 is a dam fine saw, I just hate hearing about it so much, it has nothing to do with this thread and yet it still comes up. Thats why I hate it so!!!!!!!!!!

A guy is looking at buying a 372 and the dam 361 comes up??? WTF, dam stupid saw, 361 probably wont cut it anyway, if he wants to run a 24" bar on it. 372 whoops the 361 here.

The muffler mod Andy does on the 361 would work on most any saw. I wasn't suggesting he buy a 361. I was directing him to muffler mod instructions with pictures.

Ian

Last edited:
Back