THALL I am adding to the collection!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How far is Wa from TX

It's a long 4 hour plane ride. I'm actually in Lynndale, but will drive to Redmond tomorrow. At least I think I will, traffic here makes DFW freeways seem like country roads.

Where's your shop, Lake? I MIGHT have time after my customer call and before I have to drive to the airport to stop by.....

LOL! I'm in Lynnwood 'cause that's where the nearest Embassy Suites (to Redmond) is. I like Embassy Suites 'cause they have a place to keep my Corona's cool. :)

Besides, what's a 20 mile drive to Redmond tomorrow when I traveled 1600 miles to get to where I'm at now. :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

I had been hunting an 044C for a long while and ended up trading for 2 of them from 2 different people within 2 weeks of each other. Notice the red Master Control lever. These have an auto choke feature on them. Horribly complex with a bellows and a bunch of parts, a different cylinder, lots of little plastic linkages on the carb, but they both run. ....

How does the muffler look on those saws?

I was wrong it wasn't 1963. I just looked it up and it was made in 1959. That is what built to last is all about.

They lasted this long because nobody wanted to run the heavy beasts.:hmm3grin2orange:

I'd like to see some pictures of that choke setup on the 044's.

Last edited:
They lasted this long because nobody wanted to run the heavy beasts.:hmm3grin2orange:

I'd like to see some pictures of that choke setup on the 044's.

I'd like to think that the saw was just waiting for someone who was man enough, kinda like excalibur waiting in the stone for king Arthur. Actually though it is heavy it is supposed to be quite a hotrod. Reed valve AND piston port, should be fun.

But watch out!!!!!

Nice to chat with a fellow Texan, Just Mow. I grew up in Fort Worth and got an Aggie ring before I moved away. My folks live in Crowley just outside Ft Worth and so I get back once a year or so.
And yes it is nice that she likes to hang out with me, I cherish the time we spend together.

GIG Em AGGIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mow is a Stihl warrior through and through,,,,and a fine one at that so credit is due in that regard,,,,, but hes a tea sippen, Long Horn, TU Fan!!!!!!!!!!

Oh BTW How did you enjoy the WHooPPIN!!!!!! we put on them Tea sippers @ Kyle Field this last game?????????:hmm3grin2orange: :deadhorse: :hmm3grin2orange:

GIG Em AGGIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mow is a Stihl warrior through and through,,,,and a fine one at that so credit is due in that regard,,,,, but hes a tea sippen, Long Horn, TU Fan!!!!!!!!!!

Oh BTW How did you enjoy the WHooPPIN!!!!!! we put on them Tea sippers @ Kyle Field this last game?????????:hmm3grin2orange: :deadhorse: :hmm3grin2orange:

We have to give you some joy in life.:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I didn't pay much attention, but I will inspect them tonight to see if the muffler is any different than a regular 044. Why do you ask, Saw Troll?

Because I have read about 044Cs (or maybe 440C) in Germany, and the main point with those was a cat muffler.

I wonder if your saws are the same "animal", or if the "C" meant something else for the US market (have wondered for a while).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back