Thankful for the backup heat

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakers

Owner - Arbor Jake's Tree Service, LLC
Reaction score
This time of year I'm pretty much done burning wood as I'm far to busy to mess with wood heat. The days are warmer and I may light and occasional fire on a wet day but usually let the fuel oil take over the normal nighttime heating duties.

This morning at 430 I woke up to a house full of electrical smoke. I scampered out of bed to save the guns and some ammo but there was no fire. All fuses were good and the microwave was still recording conversations as it should. Checked the furnace and sure enough, something bunt out. Back to bed for an hour, I'll look into it when I get home tonight I says to myself (famous last words...). So I unplugged and disabled the furnace and slept for an hour.

Tonight I got home cold (high of 42 and windy today) and tired at 730. Looked at the furnace, then the wood stove, then the furnace again. Looks like the wood stove was less fuss to get going. So glad I have the ability to heat my house in any condition with multiple sources.

TLDR? ... Furnace went out, fired up wood stove, ate supper, posted this picture. Moral is, I'm thankful for wood heat
20170410_200744.jpg

I agree. I had to get a small fire going tonight. As I am getting it up and running I thought about how much I can take for granted that I need nothing more then wood and a match to keep the family warm ... and eat if all hell broke loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your microwave records conversations???
HbfXUxe.jpg

this time of year my wife will often build a fire in the morning just to warm up the house, then let it burn out. THis gives the kids more of an incentive to sit in the living room for their home schooling lessons.

Latest posts

Back