The 560 XP's red sister, Jonsered 2260 !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not really :msp_wink:
p5300-53e501fd.jpg

http://www.partner.biz/de/products/chainsaws/p5300/]P5300 - Kettensägen
I haven't found any more information or pictures about the 2258 and 2260, Jonsered is not that common here, they are not even sold in Germany...

Is it my imagination, or does the 2260 strongly resemble the "new" Partner chainsaw models sold in Europe?
Well, Husky owns both brands and more, and make the better saws for both - so some "spill-over" is natural. However, I doubt there will be a Partner version of the 560xp etc.

My guess is that Zenoah/Redmax is rated as #3 brand in the Husky OPE system by now....:msp_smile:

Niko, can you provide some links to the European Partners, Redmax', etc (if you have them handy)? I ask because you follow the European markets, & read most of the languages. I've done some Google searches, but I have sorted through several pages and many useless (no good photos) websites.

That is a very late relative of the P5000/P500 - and has no connection to newer Husky saws.

I'm Sure it isn't, I own 4 Saws of the Partner 5000 family and the look totally different regarding the case :msp_wink:
For instance,the gas tank is split from the case. What you mean is the Partner 543, but i guess it isn't produced any more.
Maybe the crankshaft and berings are the same, i need to check IPL's.
Max

I'm Sure it isn't, I own 4 Saws of the Partner 5000 family and the look totally different regarding the case :msp_wink:
For instance,the gas tank is split from the case. What you mean is the Partner 543, but i guess it isn't produced any more.
Maybe the crankshaft and berings are the same, i need to check IPL's.
Max

OK, I am not really interested, and they may have left the 5000 heritage by now.

ChrisJ; Sorry, I am not interested enough to have such links ready - but I believe the "Redmax" label only is used in the US, it is Zenoah elsewhere, as far as I know.

Let us not clog up this thread further, with off topic issues!

Last edited:
That is a very late relative of the P5000/P500 - and has no connection to newer Husky saws.

I'm a little late getting back on this one....

But they sure do have a couple things in common!!!! The starter handle and on/off switch!! :hmm3grin2orange: :givebeer:

My guess by now is the small, since they state the same weight for the 2260 and the 2258 - but then both could have the large.......:msp_confused:

Both have the small bar mount, according to the Austrian web-site - so the 2260 is the 560xp, not the 562xp. ;)

Just for s_ _ ts and giggles I called Tilton to check into the expected delivery dates on 2258s and 2260s and got "I have no idea, where did you hear those numbers?" Then I asked how they didn't have any release info when the 2156 and 2159 are no longer in production? I got " " then "they aren't?" Just the answers I was expecting, I was just hoping for something else.

Just for s_ _ ts and giggles I called Tilton to check into the expected delivery dates on 2258s and 2260s and got "I have no idea, where did you hear those numbers?" Then I asked how they didn't have any release info when the 2156 and 2159 are no longer in production? I got " " then "they aren't?" Just the answers I was expecting, I was just hoping for something else.

As expected! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I talked to jonsered dealer rep. at a local shop (here in Finland that is...) and his estimate was the 2260 will be available here within a month. He also took my contact information and said they could try and get one to my local shop for trying out even before that...

Not a purchase yet, i got it for a trial and was told to run it hard... I´ll try my best! It does seem so appealing though I might not be able to part with it...

This saw interest me. I like the 562, but I am put off by the extra weight caused by the
large-mount bars.

Me too, but the 20" Tech-Lite bar on the 562 changed that. Weighs the same as 560 with 18" solid bar. Course ya could put a light laminated bar on the 560...

But Dang, I sure like the looks of this J-red. Might have to trade my 562 in at some point. :msp_smile:

Latest posts

Back