the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here here ................. look who get's their knickers in a knot .................... bit hard to think I would have written that when I have never fell a log but have done all my cutting on the ground

Would you like me to refresh some of the wild and personal things you have told me ................. don't worry your secrets are safe with me unless they PM me as I'm sure Kieth Polson would bust out laughing and he's only one of a few you have spoken of ..............

Don't forget the door can swing either way

Love and kisses Bob the little old pensioner from Weston or is that Brisbane

Thankyou Ben Hur / bob, i already knew you have never fell logs, thats ok but, not everyones a faller, and my knickers are not in a knot either you silly old man.
But thats not what you posted in your quest for forum greatness and attension, Matty 2 obviously saw the story also as by his reply yesturday.
Here is that post you posted you grand old story teller you.

mcbob
Post subject: Where's the bar and chain Bob.
Posted: Apr 16th, '07, 01:33
icon_user_online.gif

Collector Forum's Finest
file.php

Here's a story it really happened to me.

I used to do a timber run which included selling Mac's and accessories to the pro cutters of my saw run, well being a very keen Vegemite type of Super saw salesman that i thought i was i arranged to demo a Mac SP81 to a group of pro cutters but they requested that the saw be fitted with a 28" bar and chain ( full chisel ).
Well the bar was ordered not that we ever sold that size bar but this occassion was to fall a big Black Butt or mountain ash ....... so the day and time arrived and off i went keen to impress the boy's with all this knowledge and skill and newly acquired mind you i was still very wet behind the ears ...... anyway got the people assembled saw started ( brand new outta the box job ) eyed off the tree so hopefully it wouldn't land on any of my protential customers and started sawing the first cut got about 7-8" in and poof all stopped chainwise motor still trying to turn against the grip the tree had on the chain ...... now what i didn't know was that these type of mungrel trees have a habit of fluffing up in the cut and thats what happened .............. alas Mc Bob was kinda red faced and thats putting it mildly.

After disassembling the saw read as removing the side cover and them swearing repeatly in my attempts at removing the clutch and drum assembly all came free but the bar and chain which the tree kept as a souvenir of my horride attempt at removing that tree from the bush.

Tree 1 .... Mc Bob Nil.........

The worst part was then when i returned to my bosses shop minus bar and chain .............. Where's the bloody bar and chain BOB ??

Need i say more and i would guess that till this day hidden inside that tree waiting on some unsuspecting logger is that bar and chain.

Mc Bob.

Thats why you should own a Mac first.
McBob .. 1949 and still kicking.

Tip of the ice berg bob and they are all yours.

ps...... do you even know who Keith Polsen is unless someone who does know him points him out to you, i can assure you he will spit you out a lot faster than i did and i have had many, many seasons racing against him, he is still a member of our association and i am in contact regularly with him.

Thats no good mate, it will affect the balance of the saw, he needs the bar and chain to hold down the nose of the saw. But thats a good point, much safer for all concerned and the end result will be exactly the same.
Good thinking.

edit... hang on, just found evidence bob has won a hotsaw race.

explain that one bobby please.

That's a good one .

Just picked up a good running 088 for $700

Good deal mate. The other good thing is that aftermarket piston and cylinder kits are available now if something happens to go wrong. If you want a new Tsumura 42" .063" hard nosed bar to suit the 880 for a good price yell out. Get a HD2 filter for it as well if it hasn't already got one.

View attachment 374075
Picked this one up for $600- though it's probably worth twice that.

That is a fine example of a 084, price is very good too if its a good runner.
Sadly for the Stihl boys, even junk 084's are worth money, because they are still so very popular.
an example,,,, i bought 3 complete saws (2 striped right down and 1 complete not going) they were old tradins at our local Stihl shop, i gave him $700.00 for the lot, made 1 phone call to a Stihl racing mate and moved them to him for $750.00. 1 call 1 sale that is how sort after they are in the racing fraternaty.

That is a fine example of a 084, price is very good too if its a good runner.
Sadly for the Stihl boys, even junk 084's are worth money, because they are still so very popular.
an example,,,, i bought 3 complete saws (2 striped right down and 1 complete not going) they were old tradins at our local Stihl shop, i gave him $700.00 for the lot, made 1 phone call to a Stihl racing mate and moved them to him for $750.00. 1 call 1 sale that is how sort after they are in the racing fraternity.
:cry:

Well Bob has confirmed he's a complete fuc*wit (not that it needed much confirmation).
He's now infiltrating my Youtube videos making ******** comments.
You really are a tool Bobbit. Blocky blocky banny banny.
You may not have won anything with chainsaws but you're winning gold for being a knobend.

Just picked up a good running 088 for $700
From a parts availability point of view as the 088 became the ms880 a lot more is available even though they did a upgrade around 2010 and. Changed the cylinder, muffler, carburetter, dog spikes and a couple other little things

Even the crank cases are different as the mounts for the muffler and ignition module are different also. Fly wheel went back to aluminium from the old composite one. Microprocessor controlled ignition and not interchangeable by the info in the ti. The 1124 400 1309 said to be available from factory till 2014 so I'd probably grab one

Back