the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys must have really fat wallets to carry all those licenses in???

yer got that right i reckon a single chipped card be handy or better still somehow piss off all this BS tickets by a year at school for all 16yolds operating machinery plant and gear tied in with the physics maths and reading of learning how & not writing poofy essays

sos bro will need updating AHCARB205A https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/AHCARB205A

its the new training pack and dont forget you need to be able " use interpersonal skills to relate to people from a range of social, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and with a range of physical and mental abilities."if you operate a chain saw for fark sake o_O

And now class, for the next hour we will be training you on how to power your saw down and set it down before responding to a lost tourist wanting to ask you for directions to Aires Rock, should they happen to stray into an area where you happen to be falling trees or logging. Now if said person is deaf, this is the sign language for Aires Rock <gestures with arms wide apart>. Because you may have to translate from an Asian or European language, all persons carrying a chainsaw license will have to also carry a cell phone capable of language translation. Please hold up your cell phones now. I am now going to pretend to be a German tourist asking about the work you are doing. "Sind Sie eine Motorsäge?"

stupid thing is Rudy ,that's the way its all going,ticket for this then that ,next you need one to scratch ya arse:eek:

Yes its definitely heading in that direction. And the sad parts is, the HR chic employing you only cares about all the tickets you've got nowadays. No one worries about actual practical experience in those fields. And just about any clown can get a ticket, which doesn't help the situation either.

Well, we have boating, airplane, fishing and hunting licenses here... and some guns/guns parts require special permits, like for assault rifles, concealed carry weapons, and silencers. But a frikkin' nail gun that you get at the hardware store? I mean, that is just a tool. I have a few of them and you can buy the hammer guns and the rounds for them at Home Depot or any other hardware store here. No age requirements or license needed. They are just blank rounds. No forklift license needed here, or scissor jack licenses. Nor do we need a tractor, or combine, or ATV, or canoe, or kayak, or jet ski, or harvester licenses.

You guys must have really fat wallets to carry all those licenses in??? :confused:

Actually the licence for the nail gun is only to use it on building sites from memory as I mentioned. Most of the licences are only necessary here if you work for somebody or have paid employees. You can thank Unions and Workplace Safety peanuts for the over regulation but with some of the dickheads I've seen on building sites and farms over the years nothing would help them, even 300 licences. I remember a couple of young carpenters using those nail guns shooting wall studs into concrete. They are bloody dangerous if you don't come in at nearly a perfect 90° to the concrete. We were dodging bent nails everywhere to the point we left that particular section and came back after they were gone.
I can see both sides sadly. If you have some knobend hurt himself at work and he isn't properly trained and/or licenced he can then sue you for a lack of duty of care and he will win without a doubt. It will be YOUR fault in court that you didn't train him and make him aware of the dangers. Sad state of affairs but common the world over now. An employee being licenced is the get potential out of jail free card for the otherwise innocent employer.

Actually the licence for the nail gun is only to use it on building sites from memory as I mentioned. Most of the licences are only necessary here if you work for somebody or have paid employees. You can thank Unions and Workplace Safety peanuts for the over regulation but with some of the dickheads I've seen on building sites and farms over the years nothing would help them, even 300 licences. I remember a couple of young carpenters using those nail guns shooting wall studs into concrete. They are bloody dangerous if you don't come in at nearly a perfect 90° to the concrete. We were dodging bent nails everywhere to the point we left that particular section and came back after they were gone.
I can see both sides sadly. If you have some knobend hurt himself at work and he isn't properly trained and/or licenced he can then sue you for a lack of duty of care and he will win without a doubt. It will be YOUR fault in court that you didn't train him and make him aware of the dangers. Sad state of affairs but common the world over now. An employee being licenced is the get potential out of jail free card for the otherwise innocent employer.

Covered nicely that pretty much covers it I think claiming compensation for your own stupidity here has surpassed the U.S

Covered nicely that pretty much covers it I think claiming compensation for your own stupidity here has surpassed the U.S

Personally it sh*ts me that employees hold all the cards nowadays. There should be a happy median where employees are covered from arsehole bosses and business owners are protected against wanker employees. It's nearly impossible to sack somebody too so best way to go about it is to make their position redundant then employ somebody decent under a different job title. That way you avoid the "unfair dismissal" claims.
By having employees certified/licenced then this pretty well states legally that they were aware of all of the risks before running themselves over with a forklift.

When the GFC hit all tge union trouble makers and general dickheads were made redundant first.
Moral suddenly rose.

Yep. I've had a few guys made redundant over the years. At my last workplace we had 3 guys there costing the business (including vehicles) around $300k a year. Their total earn for the company was under $150k. These guys were sucking the business dry so I made an ultimatum with the area manager that it's them or me or without a doubt the business would have been closed. One left on his own accord but the other two lost their jobs. We weren't allowed to appoint anybody in their roles for 12 months but this was in job name only. The new "branch manager" was called something else despite running the show on more money than the old manager. After the 12 months he assumed the Branch Manager position.
Things are too tight in business nowadays to have crap staff. Don't get me started on unions - they've cost this region more jobs than they ever, ever created.

Latest posts

Back