the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well thats good to hear i am slightly better off than you matt.. i have been coughing up oysters for a week now.. and feels like someone is standing on my chest. struggle to take a deep breath without spluttering.

well thats good to hear i am slightly better off than you matt.. i have been coughing up oysters for a week now.. and feels like someone is standing on my chest. struggle to take a deep breath without spluttering.

Poor buggar. I had that a few months ago. I was crook for weeks and ended up on antibiotics for a chest infection. Tracy just rung me and she's now crook too. Zoe will be sure to follow :(

This may sound funny but I have actually got a gut bug at the moment that has been going around. I've seriously been on Struggle Street all week. Haven't been able to pull a full day at work yet and it's knocked the hell out of me. Might have to eat a few boxes of Gravy powder to thicken things up at the rate I'm going. I'm hitting the wall mid arvo.

Here on the states a bug is going around that gives people a sore throat for a month. Even the US President went to the hospital with it this week. Norovirus (viral gastroenteritis) is also a huge issue on cruise ships globally now, and the US CDC (Center for Disease Control) says a new strain of norovirus came to the US last year from... Oz! And of course there is Ebola, which the CDC completely forked up here in the states, and it is still on the rampage in west Africa. The CDC also completely ballacksed up this years flu serum and gave last year's again, and it has little protection to this year's flu bugs. Gov't 'experts' for you.

my 2 girls flew home from UK today had great trip saw stuff spent cash nice to have them all under the home roof,,,, well for a few days least.

mum did the airport run wot a ripper plane landed after 27 hours spank on time they were 1st out door and out of customs a executed tactical hit in out 20 minute then 100 clicks home in peak hour traffic 90 minutes,,,, amazing

ozito is one of many nasty crapy brands >>>>poulan predator "anyone hahahaha .on a more serious note the new climbing saw from husky vs stihl ms201t???comment

ozito is one of many nasty crapy brands >>>>poulan predator "anyone hahahaha .on a more serious note the new climbing saw from husky vs stihl ms201t???comment

giday bro welcome from this side of the ditch,, if you mean this T540 i not seen or used. I had a crews 190t in ma hands up small wattle last week and while ok i still wonder whats the thing with top handles ,, its just me I kinda dont get the preference for top handles as done all my up tree work but a few days with standard rear saws 012 024 026 023 025 but i prefer rear saws when in tree on rope for balance & reach just fits my tree cut block and drop technique

This may sound funny but I have actually got a gut bug at the moment that has been going around. I've seriously been on Struggle Street all week. Haven't been able to pull a full day at work yet and it's knocked the hell out of me. Might have to eat a few boxes of Gravy powder to thicken things up at the rate I'm going. I'm hitting the wall mid arvo.

Yeah it was doing the rounds up in Qld a few months ago but luckily I dodged it then, family members though were not so lucky and its not a nice one. Takes a while to recover from it unfortunately. Hope you're up to speed again soon.

So I have been looking for a particular shaft coupling and thought I would try my luck with an Australian supplier... Got the quote today and it was $349 incl GST for the one coupling. This seemed a bit high to me and I did some more internet research, found an online supplier it the US selling them for $62.

Then local businesses wonder why they are loosing sales to online suppliers?? I mean fair is fair but 400%+ mark up on retail prices is getting a bit out of hand.

Looks like I will be importing the parts and buying myself something nice for Christmas with the money I saved lol :)

So I have been looking for a particular shaft coupling and thought I would try my luck with an Australian supplier... Got the quote today and it was $349 incl GST for the one coupling. This seemed a bit high to me and I did some more internet research, found an online supplier it the US selling them for $62.

Then local businesses wonder why they are loosing sales to online suppliers?? I mean fair is fair but 400%+ mark up on retail prices is getting a bit out of hand.

Looks like I will be importing the parts and buying myself something nice for Christmas with the money I saved lol :)

The problem may not be the store you got the price from but more than likely the sole Australian distributor having a monopoly and gouging their dealers.
I had an agricultural supplier tell me recently that "it's not illegal for a business to make money" when I questioned their higher than market average price. My reply was that "it's also not illegal for me to buy it cheaper from another supplier either"...

The problem may not be the store you got the price from but more than likely the sole Australian distributor having a monopoly and gouging their dealers.
I had an agricultural supplier tell me recently that "it's not illegal for a business to make money" when I questioned their higher than market average price. My reply was that "it's also not illegal for me to buy it cheaper from another supplier either"...

Yes that is true, this was directly from the Australian distributor. Can't image what prices their dealers put on it.

Lol agreed

Oh and have you spent much time on your new 3120 yet?

Not as much time as I'd have thought mate. Probably only a few hours but in those few hours it was a necessity :) Benny and Andrew (Weedkilla) had a crack on it with a 20" bar, .404" full chisel, and an 8 tooth rim in some pretty soft wood. Needless to say it cuts it pretty quick :)
Benny now wants a modern 120cc saw to play with for Christmas.

Back