the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha! Nah mate, I'm just a two pot screamer, which is one sparkling.
40+ is too hot to be restricting liquid intake.

Lucky you didn't fall out the tree when we roped that beer up to you :)

thats below the belt that is......

Sorry Neil. I don't know what came over me with such a cheap shot :(

for every buck earn't wipe 35 cents over heads and on costs 50 cents for wages so most tree company's are lucky to clear %10 to %15 margin its used to be %25 to %30 but overheads and tight prices find it easier to wonder why so much risk for basic wages

Yep. After the costs for gas, business licensing, certification, insurance, bonding, knife/saw sharpening and upkeep, I bailed out of my last chipper biz here. The Mexicans undercut everyone as they are usually not licensed, insured or bonded and if they get in a legal dispute they are just deported. They are also not worth anything for the lawyers to be interested in. So they can charge way less as they are outside of the legal system. I was getting $75 an hour for a few years, but calls became fewer and fewer over time. The Mexicans charged $50. I cannot afford to operate that that rate, so I sold the chippers and half my saws. No one gives a fork about Americans getting jobs in the states any more, and the president wants to throw everything open to the illegals here. As for risk, forestry and arbor work is one of the highest risk jobs in the states after crab fishing in the Gulf of Alaska. If all you can get is minimum wage, you may as well flip hamburgers at McDonalds.

"Would you like fries with that?"

Yep. After the costs for gas, business licensing, certification, insurance, bonding, knife/saw sharpening and upkeep, I bailed out of my last chipper biz here. The Mexicans undercut everyone as they are usually not licensed, insured or bonded and if they get in a legal dispute they are just deported. They are also not worth anything for the lawyers to be interested in. So they can charge way less as they are outside of the legal system. I was getting $75 an hour for a few years, but calls became fewer and fewer over time. The Mexicans charged $50. I cannot afford to operate that that rate, so I sold the chippers and half my saws. No one gives a fork about Americans getting jobs in the states any more, and the president wants to throw everything open to the illegals here. As for risk, forestry and arbor work is one of the highest risk jobs in the states after crab fishing in the Gulf of Alaska. If all you can get is minimum wage, you may as well flip hamburgers at McDonalds.

"Would you like fries with that?"

Its a sad old world now days

Hey how is everybody going with email notifications to subscribed threads? I'm not getting notifications for threads like this one but then I'm getting emails come through for threads that are nearly 3 years old. It's starting to give me the sh*ts.

Mine seem to be working okay... touch wood.

Hey how is everybody going with email notifications to subscribed threads? I'm not getting notifications for threads like this one but then I'm getting emails come through for threads that are nearly 3 years old. It's starting to give me the sh*ts.

Same here. I get emails for posts to threads that Lakeside started eons ago. But nothing new.

As for the shiits, take two emoticons and call me in the morning... :cheers:

As for the shiits, take two emoticons and call me in the morning... :cheers:

This may sound funny but I have actually got a gut bug at the moment that has been going around. I've seriously been on Struggle Street all week. Haven't been able to pull a full day at work yet and it's knocked the hell out of me. Might have to eat a few boxes of Gravy powder to thicken things up at the rate I'm going. I'm hitting the wall mid arvo.

Latest posts

Back