the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They weren't here in 83. Some **** you just don't forget. I was just a pup at the time, and I was made to stay inside and listen to the radio and keep my parents up to date.
It was a day of listening to horror stories without break.

Still remember when they sent city coppers into the hills to tell people to evacuate. A young lad in uniform came to tell us to leave, and in the end dad convinced him we would leave straight after him...... We were supposed to leave 30 acres of irrigated pasture to go to the local oval. There are a lot more smarts this time around. The aerial support is amazing. And the roadblocks went in place nice and early.

All we are missing is a flock of D9s. There is barely a decent dozer left in the hills. And nobody who knows what a stick rake looks like. Even forestry only have a little d4 sized case with a snow plow setup. There is NO chance of making the sort of firebreaks needed.
i was there in 83 at RANGE ROAD tee tree gully, at mates place on a D9 most scare thing if ever been in and hope people have sense, lot more people up in the hills now though, they need to be educated

Wow its all go on here the last day or so. Been out on a mates bush block giveing him a hand so dry I was not game to even have a smoke. Thanks Matty for that last loop of cutty cutty ™ Works like a boss

I told you to be quiet about the Cutty Cutty mate! Neil will be back on Misery Road if he finds out I'm letting you play with some.

I told you to be quiet about the Cutty Cutty mate! Neil will be back on Misery Road if he finds out I'm letting you play with some.
Don't worry Matt, I won't mention the couple of loops you gave me.
Btw. They work heaps better now, glad you got me to try running them the other way.

i was there in 83 at RANGE ROAD tee tree gully, at mates place on a D9 most scare thing if ever been in and hope people have sense, lot more people up in the hills now though, they need to be educated
That wouldn't be range rd, upper hermitage would it? Just up the hill from ttg.

Going there Saturday to take down some burnt trees for a mate, he got his truck, bobcat, wife and kids out. Saved his house, but lost his sheds, tools, motorbikes, etc.
I'll be surprised if I can drive straight to his house even by then. Probably have to go down to the city and back up again.

Don't worry Matt, I won't mention the couple of loops you gave me.
Btw. They work heaps better now, glad you got me to try running them the other way.

You fool! Only Bob is skilled enough to run Cutty Cutty the right way around! Turn it around immediately before you lose a leg or sumfin.

So you dont think its a good idea to mention that all the ones you sold to my mates are going great too? Fark its 1/4 three and I haven't had a beer all day think I'm gunna dry out

Sounds like a plan, would like to get the old 86 going again, still have the original service booklet from when my old man bought it in 1993. Thing is, I do kinda need a decent brushcutter now. Had a bloke trying to talk me into a Honda, looks good though I wouldn't mind keeping everything 2 stroke so I use the same fuel for everything.

Sounds like a plan, would like to get the old 86 going again, still have the original service booklet from when my old man bought it in 1993. Thing is, I do kinda need a decent brushcutter now. Had a bloke trying to talk me into a Honda, looks good though I wouldn't mind keeping everything 2 stroke so I use the same fuel for everything.

You could always buy a Honda and fix the Stihl as a backup... you can never have enough good tools :)

The honda is fantastic for being delicate (has some low end torque), it's quiet, not toooo heavy.
It needs an oil change every 40hrs with a really light oil. I think synth 30w off the top of my head. I do valve clearances every year, it is as simple as you could imagine. The 25cc is fine, the 35cc only seems a little gruntier and you can barely notice the weight difference.
They save me from an employee straight gassing a 2 banger.

For my own use I'd probably still prefer a 2 stroke.

got a chance of getting a Jonsereds 1115 big red chainsaw for $100
What do ya recon
10892005_818325414898889_724195554346942929_n.jpg

Back