the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for showing, never get tired of seeing old logging videos or big logs.

Us modern day timber men are just boys compared to the old timber men, they were tough because the life made them that way.

Neil - just curious if you have some falling photos to share from your old growth time? I've seen some of yours with equipment etc. but was interested in some from a cutter's strip or whatever the term is used down under?

Austin

Neil - just curious if you have some falling photos to share from your old growth time? I've seen some of yours with equipment etc. but was interested in some from a cutter's strip or whatever the term is used down under?

Austin

Gday, yea I can see what I can find, at work now so the weekend is the go.

Don't want to look at 100 blocks of "my grapes are split, what do i do?"

Looked at that two weeks ago. Had an Indian guy bring some Cab Sauv canes in yesterday with the leaves covered in fresh Downy - primary infections and secondaries. I said I want to look so followed him and his missus out to the patch, with overhead sprinklers. I said "you've watered of a night and given it to yourself". He says "no I haven't". His wife pipes in and says "yes you did. You watered of a night a number of times!".
They try to pull the wool over your eyes nearly every day. Hurts my head.

Oh I feel sorry for the poor bastard who can't understand the most predictable fungus in the history of agriculture, it's the agronomist who is supposed to fix it that makes me laugh.
Wanna know how many times I've heard "you sprayed my capeweed, and this year it's even worse"? Funnily enough they always have 7 horses on 5ac.....

Oh I feel sorry for the poor bastard who can't understand the most predictable fungus in the history of agriculture, it's the agronomist who is supposed to fix it that makes me laugh.
Wanna know how many times I've heard "you sprayed my capeweed, and this year it's even worse"? Funnily enough they always have 7 horses on 5ac.....

Horses. The arch nemesis of every man...

Just left a mates winey he uses a breed of sheep to clean grape paddock weeds so no herbicide. Ensay winey

They also chew every tender green vine shoot off that they can get their gums on too :) The weeds also have to be palatable too for sheep to eat. Some weeds taste like crap.

There some type of small sheep that don't due to size and set up eat the vines they are self shearing as wool coat sheads off by itself its a neat trick and he tweaking fences and management to improve the idea

They're called toy sheep :) I know a guy who decided to grow Lucerne down his midrows then run sheep. He's now worked out that he's making way more from sheep than his grapes so he doesn't give the grapes any love at all any more.

Back