the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No you could have landed an 038 copy with 660 badges for $360 :) Trust me. The two companies making 660 copies are no less than USD$380 + freight.

Yes It was a special deal at the time from one of our stir fry experts over in the land of plenty. Regular price was between $350-400USD+freight.
The were also offering a 660 with a slight chip in the front case (shipping damage from memory) for less and going by those pics it was also a real but not legit 660.

Yes It was a special deal at the time from one of our stir fry experts over in the land of plenty. Regular price was between $350-400USD+freight.
The were also offering a 660 with a slight chip in the front case (shipping damage from memory) for less and going by those pics it was also a real but not legit 660.

Special deal you say? Number 69? I've imported 3 of the 660 copies now and all but mine got damaged in transit. Guy in Tasmania who got one had an oil cooled flywheel where there was a hole from a casting flaw in the case behind the flywheel and bar oil was running out. He put a pop rivet in the hole with silicone sealant which fixed it. The 066 copy below will make you laugh. Looks legit :D

Special deal you say? Number 69? I've imported 3 of the 660 copies now and all but mine got damaged in transit. Guy in Tasmania who got one had an oil cooled flywheel where there was a hole from a casting flaw in the case behind the flywheel and bar oil was running out. He put a pop rivet in the hole with silicone sealant which fixed it. The 066 copy below will make you laugh. Looks legit :D

Well in that case I'm glad I'm fixing up my $50 066. But will still be interesting to see how your BS660 holds up, it didn't look to bad from what I remember.

And yes that looks legit! :laugh:

Well in that case I'm glad I'm fixing up my $50 066. But will still be interesting to see how your BS660 holds up, it didn't look to bad from what I remember.

And yes that looks legit! :laugh:

My Chinga 660 had seen a fair amount of work now. OEM antivibe rubbers, Dolmar 7900 clutch springs, and genuine HD2 filter and it's going strong. Has seen a lot of dead hardwood :)

My Chinga 660 had seen a fair amount of work now. OEM antivibe rubbers, Dolmar 7900 clutch springs, and genuine HD2 filter and it's going strong. Has seen a lot of dead hardwood :)

It should run well with those extras I'm sure.

Are you still using any of the H365's?

It should run well with those extras I'm sure.

Are you still using any of the H365's?

I'm not but all are still running fine. I have one in the shed at the moment from a knuckle dragging firewood cutter who wants a service. A mate of mine who had a similar business to mine sold half a dozen of these (maybe more, can't remember?) and all are still going. These things have been a real standout from a Chinese copy point of view.

I'm not but all are still running fine. I have one in the shed at the moment from a knuckle dragging firewood cutter who wants a service. A mate of mine who had a similar business to mine sold half a dozen of these (maybe more, can't remember?) and all are still going. These things have been a real standout from a Chinese copy point of view.

Well thats good to hear. Mine is still sitting on the shelf with the other show ponies, never got around to testing it. Will have to try it out sometime.

Well thats good to hear. Mine is still sitting on the shelf with the other show ponies, never got around to testing it. Will have to try it out sometime.

Most got fitted with the 77cc big bore kits and upgraded carbies. I have two of the carbs left plus a heap of BB kits if you ever need one. I then just fitted the HD filter and cover with 394XP part numbers. Can't remember the parts needed though :) If you try running a BB kit with the standard carb you'll have more seizures than an epileptic at a dance party.

Its alive! The little ripper lives once again after a full rebuild. I also fitted a ms250 carby for a bit of extra kick. The carby took some dialling in and figuring out which is H and L also greatly helped the situation :D

IMG_20150320_144908.jpg

Gee I sure glad I'm not one of those Knuckle dragging firewood cutters with a Chinese copy.
But I am pleased to read they (Chinese copies) are still going, and if I read correctly with BB's, theys great little Chinese saw builders they is,,,,,, no wonder bobby had a love affair with them.

Seriously that copy of the 660 or whatever it is looks the goods, no wonder people get sucked in.

On the subject of climbing gear, pretty much all the gear I could buy was SRT. I've heard they have been bought out and the quality is not what it was....any comments?

sos I'm a tad lost SRT is single rope technique a method of climbing i dont know it as a brand thou i dont know much about tree gear brands i used the same harness for 2 decades then ten years ago upgraded with same brand but slightly more comfy back and bum padding and shh i never ever bought a harness of flip-line just er um borrowed then off past employers. I got a about 3 ATM my last is a Arbormaster the others always been Levitator they work just fine all the new fangle stuffs a bit beyond me

how'd ya week or day go lads?? Me bombed a wasp nest 7am sorted my on tools & paper work test ESI cert 2 upgrade by 12 sorted many head **** jobs by 4 found out new chipper wont hook up old truck by 5 chip draw bar and truck tow hook are not quite the same height working tomz then a week off attend my list of chores about the house.

or wots up for the weekend,,, me work n fix stuff I'm wiring up house n shed with low voltage LED run off a solar panel and wind turbine a bit like this thou mine set ups already sorted i need to replace the wind turbine as NQR it survived the 2009 fires but never been right since

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Daliy-2K...99?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item462f04c14b

and then use these

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pannel-4...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43cc0450c6

Got about to cleaning up my stihl 056 mag 2 it's a nice low hr saw. And Wow it's a cranky thing!...It's running 3/8 semi chisel chain and I think a 20in bar but Iv'e not put a tape on it so meh looks bout that long I guess.... I will swap that out for .404 RS/20in bar or maybe a 25in/bar and really get it cutting/working to suit my needs, not that any stock saw could or would cut wood under its own power ;) lol...
My question is not knowing much about them myself is I need a outer dog.. I take It all the 056 saw's are more or less the same and an outer dog off a plain jane 056 will fit fine?..Cheers View attachment 413230 View attachment 413231 View attachment 413232

all i recall was 56 a heavy hand full & the bosses favorite we had to have clean good to go but no touchy muchy it was his

sos I'm a tad lost SRT is single rope technique a method of climbing i dont know it as a brand thou i dont know much about tree gear brands i used the same harness for 2 decades then ten years ago upgraded with same brand but slightly more comfy back and bum padding and shh i never ever bought a harness of flip-line just er um borrowed then off past employers. I got a about 3 ATM my last is a Arbormaster the others always been Levitator they work just fine all the new fangle stuffs a bit beyond me

how'd ya week or day go lads?? Me bombed a wasp nest 7am sorted my on tools & paper work test ESI cert 2 upgrade by 12 sorted many head **** jobs by 4 found out new chipper wont hook up old truck by 5 chip draw bar and truck tow hook are not quite the same height working tomz then a week off attend my list of chores about the house.

or wots up for the weekend,,, me work n fix stuff I'm wiring up house n shed with low voltage LED run off a solar panel and wind turbine a bit like this thou mine set ups already sorted i need to replace the wind turbine as NQR it survived the 2009 fires but never been right since

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Daliy-2K...99?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item462f04c14b

and then use these

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pannel-4...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43cc0450c6
Must of been the day for wasps. Had to bomb a heap of euros in my yard before work this morning. Little buggers are tougher than paper wasps. They were still all wriggling around this afternoon when I got home!

Compared to what I normally run I'm a little intimidated by it sure has some balls! haha.... Definitely not as user friendly as say a ms660 could go to sleep running one of them.not this thing! :chainsaw:.....

yeah that bring back memory's of 56 heavy unbalanced saw and yay the 66 a top **** saw

Must of been the day for wasps. Had to bomb a heap of euros in my yard before work this morning. Little buggers are tougher than paper wasps. They were still all wriggling around this afternoon when I got home!

it the time of year for them & media about Vic full of wasp vs simian story's so im getting dragged into solving **** that should be others problems,,,, still i do enjoy bringing powdery death to them

working on a 488P shinny for a bloke,swears he had the right fuel in it,still pulled 125psi ,and passed a vac test ,cylinder cleaned up but needs a piston,never been apart but the piston looks aftermarket type quality compared to mahle pistons,View attachment 413239View attachment 413240

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2

Oem parts for those a bit pricey Im guessing?

had to show n tell a chap how start a stihl concrete cutter saw yesterday it was easy enuff till he picked up the fuel container that said ULP...... er um sir is that the fuel your using? why yes is that a problem son..... er well only if your thinking of using that saw for more than a few minutes mister.....insert fail buzzer here

Latest posts

Back