the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah & my new ropes sweet as up a 120 year old heritage Oak checking a decaying wound that sadly means the limbs kaput & gotta go as they have wedding right under it

View attachment 421428

View attachment 421430
Hi Derwoodii,

Do you process photos of trees to plan jobs, to show customers, or is this just for us? I'm interested in your work-flow, in case it's something for me to look at.

I just use a chainsaw slice it 3/4 of the way through every 15cm, but cut it right through about three times along the length of a log that size, being careful of the slope of the ground so I just miss the soil. Then two of us can roll each section over to cut through the rest of the cuts.

Edit: I start with a bigger saw than the one in your photo, though. I think you need an upgrade, mate.

yeah a 661 on my wish list but wot i got serves me 95% of the time very well, i have a 441 but its on the crews truck

Hi Derwoodii,

Do you process photos of trees to plan jobs, to show customers, or is this just for us? I'm interested in your work-flow, in case it's something for me to look at.

ah that picture out of my report as the trees got heritage listing i have to explain my thinking to town planing boffins, showing option to weight reduce make a garden bed exclusion zone below /add yale rope cobra type support or just sox the whole limb off at the trunk... I,m pondering variations or alternatives but its condition is pushing the decision only one way,,,,, the local wood turners may soon get some nice Oak logs

ah to add we took about 300 kg of branches off the main limb last week it was before touching the ground and you could see daylite though the crack in the bough limb where the climber is sitting

Give me a lever and i can move the world

rolling that log, hey Vince you know this bit of wood well i finally got about to slice it up
The weenie 310 sorted it easy nuff but i had to roll it to finish the slice and but as alone a ton plus don't wanna go over easy. Chaps like Stihlman would have log rollers at hand all day but i don't often need so use my crow bar / Slammer tool make a great lever just slice a top grove plonk it in and over she goes

How do others handle big log slicing and rolling what your tool of choice

View attachment 421425 View attachment 421426 View attachment 421427
Arrr that sappy bastard. How did it cut. The sap hardened up? It was pissing out like diff oil and glued the chain to the bar lol

Arrr that sappy bastard. How did it cut. The sap hardened up? It was pissing out like diff oil and glued the chain to the bar lol

I worked from the other end 1st, it behaved normal till i got to the sap pockets you found then saw bucked bit bounce about wildly as it passed dry sap in twisted grain, I had to really hold on for a few slices

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430292578.359177.jpg

Guys need advice my timber piles been demolished by what looks like powder post beetles? Is it something I should get stomach ulcers over or just burn the wood ASAP, it's left a flour like dust. To top things off my house is weatherboard lol the piles about 2 metres from my house and it's rittled with little holes. I found a couple white little maggot looking things inside some timber!!!

TV NEWS TONIGHT, watching it with the volume turned off, the amount of BS about the two dope pedlars executed in Ind - questions like do the AFP have blood on their hands, quoting execution as a tragedy etc etc etc....enough to drive a bloke to drink....top idea!! :givebeer:

Dunno about anyone else but "do the crime, do the time" is a credo anyone doing this **** needs to remember if going over there, or anywhere else that has fair dinkum penalties.

Sorry bout the rant, but that's 8kg of crap that never made the streets here, well done IMO.

Read a few times lately about some Aussies having an "entitlement" view of life, they think they can do whatever crap they like and someone will pick up after them and that it's not their personal fault - not their actual responsibility.

They learnt that Ind. does not have the same approach.

And the Aus. media just keeps it rolling here, should be gagged the bastards.

And the Aus. media just keeps it rolling here, should be gagged the bastards

its all jumped the shark now & ratings are finally dropping off, we will return to normal programs soon.

Speaking of any one seen American chainsaw,,, it grabbed my interest but so contrived was hard to watch a whole show

View attachment 421511

Guys need advice my timber piles been demolished by what looks like powder post beetles? Is it something I should get stomach ulcers over or just burn the wood ASAP, it's left a flour like dust. To top things off my house is weatherboard lol the piles about 2 metres from my house and it's rittled with little holes. I found a couple white little maggot looking things inside some timber!!!

i'm guessing a bit but the holes a type of wood borer http://museumvictoria.com.au/discoverycentre/infosheets/10312/ plus the white powder dust stuff is Mycelium http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/dry-rot-wet-rot-diagnosis.htm

unsure if you need to worry as 1st need to know what been held up or in trouble

Is that manicured one piece beard a stick on job ?

Saw a bit of his show recently, he was suffering PMT and being petulant about starting
the next masterpiece, abused his offsider.

Back