the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know what you guys mean about the shipping but I did message custonchainsawparts and he cut the shipping back for me by two thirds on some name tags I wanted so it is worth asking.

the bushnell scope 1st day was not quite the success, I wos made RO so only got a few shots in before duty called and had mounted it poorly so ma eye relief all wrong. The glass clarity is Ok for 250 bucks and target turrets nice touch... I'll work it over should be better next time....still a gap in the que allowed a rushed round getting me a 55 with 2 supers from the Ruger No1 over 300 yards :)

WP_20150523_001 (1).jpg

the bushnell scope 1st day was not quite the success, I wos made RO so only got a few shots in before duty called and had mounted it poorly so ma eye relief all wrong. The glass clarity is Ok for 250 bucks and target turrets nice touch... I'll work it over should be better next time....still a gap in the que allowed a rushed round getting me a 55 with 2 supers from the Ruger No1 over 300 yards :)

View attachment 426459

Looks like ya missed the blackboard altogether mate.....

I really don't know, but I knew the first time I seen one screaming around a track, one day I'd have one!......they were $710- new.

Was it the reed?? carby that gave it greater power? an what the hell is a reed carburetor anyhoo. I always pictured one with a bit of grass hanging in the venturi hole

Was it the reed?? carby that gave it greater power? an what the hell is a reed carburetor anyhoo. I always pictured one with a bit of grass hanging in the venturi hole

You have a reed block with reed valves in it between the carby and the crankcase.
Think big McCulloch chainsaw versus almost anything else that's piston ported, ie. uses the piston timing to control the induction timing.
Then you have rotary valves with the carby hanging off the the side of the crankcase instead of the front (or back)

Russel Ingall is missing the top off one of his fingers from putting it into the chain and sprocket of his 100cc rotary valved International kart at Oran Park way back in the late eighties.

We used to give the carby a pat/choke at the end of the straight with the old air cooled kart engines to stop them seizing as we ran right at the ragged edge of tuning and the carby hung right above the drive sprocket. Rusty put his fingers around the carby a touch too far.
I don't think they ever did find the finger tip.......

Latest posts

Back