the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Collecting some firewood for next weeks camping. Ran a full tank thru the 362.
This 2nd tank it ran faultlessly. But the first it would cut out randomly?!?
Then found a good size gum for the 084 to chew on. Got a tank thru it. Love this saw. It doesn't take any sh1t [emoji16][emoji123]

Those big saws sort the men out from the Bobs.

Then found a good size gum for the 084 to chew on. Got a tank thru it. Love this saw. It doesn't take any sh1t [emoji16][emoji123]

hahaha, I like that, yea its not hard to get something done with a working 084, gee even a bloke of my ability made a living with them when they were new, ummmmm many years ago now but.

QUOTE="MCW, post: 5386563, member: 28170"]Those big saws sort the men out from the Bobs.[/QUOTE]

that's gonna hurt the bob's if there is more than 1.

Wonder if any one out there had had an 051/076 fill up the cranks case with bar lube but not via a crank gasket but possibly the oil pump. Had one that I pulled down and split and replaced the gasket but it's bloody filled its self again

Can you pull the top end off and pressurise the oil tank? Might give you a better idea with the top end off.

705298f8611c052af21c986ac7b639b0.jpg

Has anyone else tried the husky axes out? I got a hold of one a week ago and been putting it through the paces. They are similar to the fiskars with a fiber reinforced plastic handle. It does swing nicely and no vibration in the handle when you hit with it. I have split some iron bark with it and it does the job very well. Had a few chops with it answered it does the job. The one thing that I do like with this is the flat back on the head for hitting wedges, it doesn't stuff up the alloy wedges we use for falling trees like the fiskars do and once you find the sweet spot for hitting wedges it does drive them in. We have been abusing this one at work all week and still haven't broken the handle. So far it is getting the thumbs up from our crew.
I've had one for about 6 months and it's a ripper. I was a bit dubious about the short handle but it's real easy to use. I've abused mine trying to split some old grey box that I probably shouldn't have bothered with and it still looks brand new. [emoji106]

Mate did the same a couple of weeks ago on the 28" version from Cleavers. They look good.

Thought you were holding out Matt???? Lol couldn't resist hey. Well let's see who gets theirs first. I hope mines in the first batch. Not sure if I should order a 20" barrel now or just wait till I try the gun first. On another note is it legal to extend the shot capacity via an extension tube? Guess I am being greedy ;)

Thought you were holding out Matt???? Lol couldn't resist hey. Well let's see who gets theirs first. I hope mines in the first batch. Not sure if I should order a 20" barrel now or just wait till I try the gun first. On another note is it legal to extend the shot capacity via an extension tube? Guess I am being greedy ;)

Hah hah. No I didn't get one but a mate of mine did. My comment read both ways :)

Any aussies on here have a Remington bantam?? I just acquired one from my family, I also acquired a stihl 07, just wondering if anyone has any info on the Remington or maybe even some parts thankyou

Hey chippy I think I discovered your filter issue
Just checking out my 084 and was sucking saw dust. This is the filter

Note the gap

Looked on the 660 and 461 and they looked great and clean.

Note a full seal!

The other side look the same.

Hope this helps.

Hey Vince. Well spotted mate.....wasn't my issue though.....the shop has had it for 2 weeks and I can now pick it up....they couldn't find the problem although I'm pretty certain I know what it is.....a couple of dabs of grease will fix it.....charged me for it too, bugger, but not much...not a warranty issue apparently.....

That's a weird seal you've got there Vince....looks like the filter was made for another saw setup altogether. Is it the same part number on the filter?

Latest posts

Back