the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suggest you do good research on those boxes. Bought 2 alloy checker plate toolboxes a while ago - decided on Australian made as they had to be better and were twice the price of the china boxes. One is okay but the other one leaks like a... well a tea bag. Unfortunately some Australian products are now also made cheap and nasty to compete with others. If you can find one with a decent wall thickness it should do the job even if its made by Hou Long

all good timing i'm looking to upgrade my ammo reload box as its a bit lite on in tuff security so been eyeing off Rhino tool box at bunnings with the daughter staff discount i reckon be worthy as don't want mr plod to think i'm not complying,,,,, tho i dont know truly what a box for powder projectiles and primers should be but know it needs to be tad better than what i got

well picked up this ECHO CS320T today, seriel no 35003437, done about 7 hrs work and the bloke ran the front of the saw over with his trailer

in front of the handle on the orange piece it has cracked the tank and it need replacing
so can any one help me out with where to buy the tank from
i got it for $50, bar and 2 chains

I seem to remember those little echo top handle toys sold at bunnings, I just had a look and not listed now.

Its never been cut before. It was a bottom of a lake three hundred years ago. Then a glacier let loose. The beatles killed 40% so thats what Im cutting. The nice thing is that its only 400 metres away from my place so there is nil to no overhead.
Does Australia still have alot of wood?
most of the country is desert inhabited by feral camels & even more feral bogans, a little bit of timber along the east & the south / south west, protected furiously by feral greenies.
i take it you didn't get to vladivostok for a laughfest.
thansk

could the crack be fixed neil

I couldn't make out the crack mate, but f its on the oil tank perhaps sand it back to bare metal and use some Devcon liberaly over the crack and let it dry for a week. If the tank is plastic, use something good for that.
Loctite has a good substitute for Devcon, I use it for my ''little fiddly bits on modded cylinders'', I just can't think of the number.
I did notice the brake handle broken off.

I couldn't make out the crack mate, but f its on the oil tank perhaps sand it back to bare metal and use some Devcon liberaly over the crack and let it dry for a week. If the tank is plastic, use something good for that.
Loctite has a good substitute for Devcon, I use it for my ''little fiddly bits on modded cylinders'', I just can't think of the number.
I did notice the brake handle broken off.
yeah ,looking at the front of the saw, the orange part that goes to the handle, its been pushed into the tank, but not all the way but enough for fuel to pee out if the saw is laid over
could it be plastic welded

It must be, he has sold 100's of kits. Must be really special chain or something... o_O

Also Peter try getting your hands on some JB Weld. Amazing stuff, I have glued many a chainsaw back together with it. Also resistant to oil, fuel etc.
Thanks , the piece of plastic has pushed into the tank or about half of it, what should i use to clean the plastic before i put JB on there, and should i put it on both sides

Thanks for that I had seen the Windsor one before. Looks like ill give it a miss then and save for a super jolly/511a the Windsor linked, fg2 & $22 @ dealer rd3 grind
Just know that tecomec, Oregon etc are all made in the same place - or it's a Chinese copy.

Back