the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Giving the chain a rub on my 211, do I know what I'm doing no not at all! :eek:... 1st thing I say to anyone new to hand filing is use a file guide! nothing wrong with a guide they help keep you consistent!... I hope this may help someone hand file better ya never know? ,it's all about repetitive practice and there are many ways of doing it this is just one way and works for me is all :)...

Good video and I like the hat :D

didnt you say "the gps records" lets hear it

ha not likey anyhoo i'm still working out the how too's with the dam thing it came boxed minus the mini SD card so had to return collect that then it the ****** lighter plug blew fuse & when it worked buzzed the radio so i swapped over the free reverse camera in the deal means i need to pull out the fire wall and floor interior to install the wiring so that ann't gonna happen, now its watching my every move like a man cant pick his nose while driving geezzzus

ha not likey anyhoo i'm still working out the how too's with the dam thing it came boxed minus the mini SD card so had to return collect that then it the ****** lighter plug blew fuse & when it worked buzzed the radio so i swapped over the free reverse camera in the deal means i need to pull out the fire wall and floor interior to install the wiring so that ann't gonna happen, now its watching my every move like a man cant pick his nose while driving geezzzus
yes some are a mungrel job to put in but it now works, job well done

Giving the chain a rub on my 211, do I know what I'm doing no not at all! :eek:... 1st thing I say to anyone new to hand filing is use a file guide! nothing wrong with a guide they help keep you consistent!... I hope this may help someone hand file better ya never know? ,it's all about repetitive practice and there are many ways of doing it this is just one way and works for me is all :)...

Your "slow motion" is about my top speed when sharpening, and I use a guide most times.

I feel the need to "Name & Shame" dodgy tradesmen & dealerships!
Wouldn't take long to tidy things up then.
Someone I know marked the oil filter before the " scheduled service" then took the service manager out after the "scheduled service " was done & refused to pay for the service because the filter hadn't been changed, only wiped clean of road grime.
Thansk

Your "slow motion" is about my top speed when sharpening, and I use a guide most times.
Nothing wrong with a guide keeps your file consistent..It's not the angle of the cutting edge that's hard to keep consistent without a guide ,its the up/down of the file following the cutter as it slopes back keeping the file in the sweet spot as such....

still tweaking my new GPS with the crash cam to discover it records sound as well as vision,,,,, for fug sake who was the prat at the wheel karaoking though Pseudo Echo's Funky Town :dancing::nofunny: good grief i gotta be mindful while driving now :oops:
Good to know ya still got it derwoodii !....:thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures: haha....

Nothing wrong with a guide keeps your file consistent..It's not the angle of the cutting edge that's hard to keep consistent without a guide ,its the up/down of the file following the cutter as it slopes back keeping the file in the sweet spot as such....

I used to do it freehand. Being a carpenter I thought I was pretty good with angles, but a chain proved me wrong. It's great for depth....since using the guide my chains are now the best they've ever been, sharper than new....and I typically sharpen them twice a day, I can't stand the thought of running a dull chain anymore....I never used to care too much but I guess I became wise.

Damn US auctions that end in the middle of the nite.
Missed out on a damaged MS661 by 10 bucks. Thought I had it in the bag [emoji53]

Bugger!

I really really really want one of those, they are a great saw and a pleasure to use.....and Ive got a lot of work coming up in 4 weeks time that would give one a ripper work out.

Latest posts

Back