the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has any one done this or seen this tester before
Thought you might be interested

We don't use anything like that on our performance saws, we have other ways to gauge performance gains.

I have seen proper test rigs made especially for saw testing ,but even if I had one I wouldn't use one. Husqvarna at Gosford did have one gathering dust.

??? whats a cheap alternative wetting agent to add to garlon as i'd rather not buy a litre of pulse me thinking a few drops of dish washing liqiud in my knapsack

SST Brushwet is an organosilicone penetrant (same as Pulse) but 50% cheaper. Nufarm who sell Pulse are currently in deep sh*t as they were basically the Australian agents for a whole heap of chemistry from global R&D companies like BASF, Sinochem etc. BASF has now re-entered the Australian market (as have others) and taken all of their products back off of Nufarm. Nufarm held 40% of the Australian agrochemical market only a short time back and now they'd be lucky to be 10% if that. Sinochem took Round Up back off of Nufarm so they only have commodity lines left now that they make very little margin off. They're nearly a dead duck and going through major restructuring.

We don't use anything like that on our performance saws, we have other ways to gauge performance gains.

I have seen proper test rigs made especially for saw testing ,but even if I had one I wouldn't use one. Husqvarna at Gosford did have one gathering dust.

To be honest Neil I gauge saw performance simply by how many stickers you can fit on the top engine and air filter cover. T Shirts also influence saw performance.
For somebody who's been around racing for so long I'd have expected you to know this.

I can understand the test being done, but it wouldnt be used all the time or is it only when a saw has a problem

Good info re SST Brushwet, thanks MCW :)

I won't get into Nufarm and how much I hate them but the guy who owns SST is the only agricultural based surfactant scientist in Australia as far as I'm aware. Smart cookie.
Nufarm are purely sales' based. SST bases sales on technical information and not BS marketing.

I won't get into Nufarm and how much I hate them but the guy who owns SST is the only agricultural based surfactant scientist in Australia as far as I'm aware. Smart cookie.
Nufarm are purely sales' based. SST bases sales on technical information and not BS marketing.
Yeah - but Cropcare give me the best discount. :numberone:

Yeah - but Cropcare give me the best discount. :numberone:

Crop Care and Nufarm are basically the same company :) Nufarm has now decided to concentrate on broadacre and Crop Care have decided to concentrate on horticulture.
The other issue is that 25% of Nufarm are owned by a bloody good Jap R&D company called Sumitomo. I had a meeting with the Sumitomo rep today and she said that the company is really worried about Nufarm. Apparently their share price is near on a quarter of what it was 2 years ago.

Crop Care and Nufarm are basically the same company :) Nufarm has now decided to concentrate on broadacre and Crop Care have decided to concentrate on horticulture.
The other issue is that 25% of Nufarm are owned by a bloody good Jap R&D company called Sumitomo. I had a meeting with the Sumitomo rep today and she said that the company is really worried about Nufarm. Apparently their share price is near on a quarter of what it was 2 years ago.
Yep, I know.
I may have even whinged before that I can't get the same discount from Nufarm, I can't email orders to Nufarm - they have to be faxed, etc, etc.
Surely sst and macspred can only grow at their respective ends of the market.

Yep, I know.
I may have even whinged before that I can't get the same discount from Nufarm, I can't email orders to Nufarm - they have to be faxed, etc, etc.
Surely sst and macspred can only grow at their respective ends of the market.

Nufarm would probably pay you to take gear at the moment :) Have you had anything to do with the herbicide Sharpen? It was poorly marketed by Nufarm as it would have upset sales of some of their other products. Since BASF took it back we've found out all sorts of great things about Sharpen. We've been trialling it over the last month and it's an absolute cracker. Worth a look mate as a Glypho spike - 17g/ha.
I've never heard of Macspred.

Nufarm would probably pay you to take gear at the moment :) Have you had anything to do with the herbicide Sharpen? It was poorly marketed by Nufarm as it would have upset sales of some of their other products. Since BASF took it back we've found out all sorts of great things about Sharpen. We've been trialling it over the last month and it's an absolute cracker. Worth a look mate as a Glypho spike - 17g/ha.
I've never heard of Macspred.
Sharpen is the ducks guts on fleabane.
We use it by the buckets on roadsides.
Just as good on marshmallow as hammer, but better on fleabane.

Just keep hammer/nail for handgun work as its so much easier to measure for high volume work.

Caught up on all the ute goss. My pick out of the current crop would be the Ford Ranger hands down. We have had basically ZERO issues with them across the entire Elders fleet in Australia. The Colorados in the fleet have had issues and I believe Holden is dropping the Fiat diesel as they've had too many problems. Personally I think they are a piece of sh*t compared to the Rangers. Being work utes the Rangers (all 3.2L versions) get flogged, regularly loaded to the hilt and beyond, plus tow some pretty heavy loads with foot flat the whole way. I've clobbered 3 roos in mine (steel ARB bullbar) and all I've done is broken a Lightforce spotlight reflector.
What about a ute of about <$8000 MK triton, Ra rodeo, Pre facelift hilux, ford courier/mazda "B"
Reason in there a plan to go towards the kimberlly and just handy to have
There is a 98 rodeo in my sights that I can trust the recent history of

Still no bloody email updates from AS.
not in spamm folder mine all default there need to filter them out "@arboristsite" & "arboristsite"
TapaTalk has been free for a while as well, helps when emails are dodgey

thanks again

What about a ute of about <$8000 MK triton, Ra rodeo, Pre facelift hilux, ford courier/mazda "B"

not in spamm folder mine all default there need to filter them out "@arboristsite" & "arboristsite"
TapaTalk has been free for a while as well, helps when emails are dodgey

thanks again
Can't fault my RA rodeo for what it is.
New generation Utes run rings around them for power and comfort, but they are dead nuts reliable.

Sharpen is the ducks guts on fleabane.
We use it by the buckets on roadsides.
Just as good on marshmallow as hammer, but better on fleabane.

Just keep hammer/nail for handgun work as its so much easier to measure for high volume work.

A new one from Sumitomo (Group G) called Valor/Chateau is also worth a look. Similar to Sharpen - not translocated as readily but also not as harmful to off target plants.

The older 3.2L Tritons were great utes as are the others you've listed.
To give you an idea my other half's Uncle owned a new Jeep but also the previous model Pathfinder, both from new. When he did a couple of trips across the Simpson Desert he took his old 1998 2.8L Rodeo farm ute as it was the only vehicle he could trust. It has never missed a beat with 350,000 hard km on the clock.
The two newer vehicles were absolute lemons and he now owns a VW Touareg.

Latest posts

Back