the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the bars delivered, just am nowhere near my saw to confirm, but am hopeful if not fitting won't be too far out. Interesting to see the different bar runs for what is supposed to be the same bar. All same shape, but oil hole diameters differ as do a number of the bar markings, shade of paint, and if the top of the rails are painted or just lucky to get some overspray. The riveting also looks to be inconsistent between different bars.

Same with the nose markings: 3 different codes, I'm told by GB are all 3/8LP just different date markings, although I swear one of the nose designs has slightly fatter sprocket tips than the other two - might just be my eyesight. Some noses are missing a fourth rivet - have the hole for it.

If anyone could use a 16" picco bar, sing out - I got way more than I need.

now whys this trees side limb gone kaput ??

IMGP7206 %28Large%29.JPG

ah ha hit by lighting,,, this must been some months ago see the tell tale bark streak lines and this fuses up the internal vascular system so it lived ok while cool winter but 1st hot days showed its hand the limb dies off ...its a massive pine 6 foot+ dia trunk 80 foot high easy picture don't show the scale of the beast

IMGP7203 %28Large%29.JPG

Oh yeah very economical for 80 year old technology. Love the sound to, grew up with them as a young lad.
yes me to, and they must be one of the easiest engines to work on
Will have to keep me updated on the build please if you dont mind
I was given one but no know where to put it yet, was thinking of putting a glass top on it in the lounge but dont like my chances lol

yes me to, and they must be one of the easiest engines to work on
Will have to keep me updated on the build please if you dont mind
I was given one but no know where to put it yet, was thinking of putting a glass top on it in the lounge but dont like my chances lol

No worries Peter, first I need to get the piston unstuck. Hopefully its not rusted in to solid. Then I'll have half a chance of getting her going again.

Latest posts

Back