the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
at gun club while pulling targets we noticed a bird had a nest hole in the mantle berm between the where bullets landed so only just safe if all shots were true as only about meter each clear of hits,,, amazin and dumb place to dig out your house

Tiny little things busy as nesting away with 308 223 rounds plonking in all about
http://www.birdsinbackyards.net/species/Pardalotus-punctatus

The Spotted Pardalote is sometimes known as the "Headache Bird" because of the continuous "sleep-may-be" call it gives during the breeding season.

Calls
Repeated three-note whistle, the second two notes higher than the first.

00:00
00:15

A pet peeve of mine is people handing me firearms and not showing me it is unloaded and having the action open

i have been in both gun shops here and seen a live round fly out of a rifle after the owner and the shop owner have waved the friggin things around

this is wile doing all the paper work on a private deal . i now leave if someone walks in with a bag .

the thing that craps me is the both of them just don't give a **** coz it happens so often .

many years ago a young lad a mile down the road was getting through fence with a shotgun, it went off under his ribs, it took him two not so pleasant days to die.
fanks

i have been in both gun shops here and seen a live round fly out of a rifle after the owner and the shop owner have waved the friggin things around

this is wile doing all the paper work on a private deal . i now leave if someone walks in with a bag .

the thing that craps me is the both of them just don't give a **** coz it happens so often .

far out f### that id leave to
i got a sceon hand shotgut not to long ago from my local and it mis fired first pull of the triger had a crack at them and he sead i dont test the trade ins or secon hand guns.

im still pisssd 4 cocks of the hamer and pulls ot triger to indent the primer enuf

So, the rules are fairly basic enough for even the near brain-dead to understand, yet even highly experienced folks are breaking them, sometimes with fatal consequences.

So, I ask again, what can we do about it, if anything? Just ignore it until it kills someone?

Is it anything like driving - we know the rules but break a few from time to time for convenience and because we don't think the consequences will be serious for anyone around us, let alone ourselves? And we have to assume that accidents happen and people will get hurt and die, even with licensed drivers who have proven their competency.

So, the rules are fairly basic enough for even the near brain-dead to understand, yet even highly experienced folks are breaking them, sometimes with fatal consequences.

So, I ask again, what can we do about it, if anything? Just ignore it until it kills someone?

Is it anything like driving - we know the rules but break a few from time to time for convenience and because we don't think the consequences will be serious for anyone around us, let alone ourselves? And we have to assume that accidents happen and people will get hurt and die, even with licensed drivers who have proven their competency.

yes and yes
90% of the time people will not learn from others mistakes unless it happens to them or family/ frend

I find that people are too laxxed with it all. it will never happen to me, so they say
A gun will always shoot and a dog will always bite

Speeding cars could kill (?), running red lights could kill, not identifying your target or carrying around a loaded weapon could kill, etc, so why not ping those who never learned the lesson by other means and who break these laws, with the same penalties as a manslaughter conviction? Would it make any difference as to how seriously they adhere to the law?

If I was facing a lengthy spell behind bars for speeding, then farked if I would break the law. But a fine and/or demerit points is a risk I currently feel worth taking (not seriously considering killing someone is a likely outcome - in much the same way as someone carrying around a loaded gun doesn't consider they are likely to be killing anyone).

Need some help from down under, anyone familiar with a DinaSaw Barracuda sharpener? Their website only shows the T-Rex and Handi-Rex models. Anyone have any information or knowledge of this model?

Thanks!

Today in court a hunter with many decades experience was discharged without conviction for shooting and killing his son (his hunting partner), whom he mistook for a deer, allegedly having spent 3mins watching and identifying his target prior to pulling the trigger.

Sure, the father has to live with that for the rest of his life, but FFS, 3 muthaphucking minutes and he still pulled the trigger, shooting his son, in the head.

Today in court a hunter with many decades experience was discharged without conviction for shooting and killing his son (his hunting partner), whom he mistook for a deer, allegedly having spent 3mins watching and identifying his target prior to pulling the trigger.

Sure, the father has to live with that for the rest of his life, but FFS, 3 muthaphucking minutes and he still pulled the trigger, shooting his son, in the head.

I can't think of something more tragic and heart wrenching....

He clearly failed to identify the target and will live with that for the rest of his life.....how terrible.

I'm sure the judge made the right decision.

Back